1x10

Quote: "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

Published: March 5, 2018

|

Chapter 11: Co-Captain

It's the next day and last night after waking up unconscious in the hospital I decided to just walk home and telling the boys I was completely fine when they saw my shirt torn to shreds. They filled me in that Derek is now on Peter's side, which I don't completely get since Peter killed Derek's sister.

Right now I am with Allison and Lydia in the woods when we were supposed to go shopping.

"Allison." Lydia says. "When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping - a five mile hike in the woods - was not what I was expecting." She says out of breath since she was walking in heels.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you were okay with something." I know where this is going, 'cause apparently on the day of the full moon when Scott told me it was my fault for dad's leaving. After that Scott went and made out with Lydia. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?" Lyds asks nervously.

"Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as it's just friends."

"Well, yeah, I mean - it's not like I would take him to coach's office during Lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

"Uh, about that..." She says trailing off as we continue to walk.

Allison drops the bag she was carrying as she grabs out an arrow and a weird piece that goes on top of it. "What does that do?" I ask Allison nervously knowing exactly what it is.

"We're about to find out."

Allison then grabs a bow and I'm standing behind both girls. She then pulls the arrow back and releases it to a tree I quickly look away as a flash goes off, but turn a little slow as my vision gets a little blurry before going back to normal.

I turn back to both girls luckily that they didn't notice. "What the hell was that?" Lydia questions.

"I don't know." She simply says.

"Well, that was fun!" I say sarcastically. "Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

We then slightly hear a twig snap. We look from where the sound came from. "Hold this." Allison says as she hands the bow to Lydia.

"What? Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something."

"So - what if you heard something?"

"So - I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry it's probably nothing."

"Well," I say. "What if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous." I say quickly.

"Shoot it." She says before walking away.