1x09

Quote: "Once I stop caring, you're not getting it back. I'll be cold as ice. I promise."

Published: February 26, 2018

|

Chapter 10: "Wolfsbane"

"Faster?" I ask.

"Much faster." Both Scott and Stiles say at the same time. I quickly shift gears and I step on the gas practically pressing the pedal to the floorboard.

Right now the three of us are in Derek's car with me behind the wheel, Scott in the passenger seat, and Stiles sitting in the back. We're trying to get away from the car chasing us with Kate in the driver's seat.

"Hey, Zoey. I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles tells me.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" He says.

I shift gears again and push down on the gas. "They're gone." Scott tells us as we look behind us and not seeing the vehicle chasing us anymore.

As I'm still driving Stiles turns on the radio for us to hear Sheriff Stilinski's voice. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

I sigh as I quickly turn the car and head to the Iron Works. We see Derek as I quickly stop the car. "Get in." Scott quickly says as he climbs into the backseat with Stiles. Derek quickly gets into the front seat as Chris tries to shoot at him, but I quickly drive away.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" I yell at Derek.

Derek slams his hands on the dash board. "Damn it, I had him!"

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asks as he puts his head in-between the front seats.

"Yes!" Derek yells. "He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey they're just doing their jobs." Stiles says defending them when Derek just sends him a glare.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek says looking towards Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

"All right." Stiles says cutting off their argument. "How did you find him?" He asks Derek.

Derek just scoffs not answering so Scott asks. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah, both of us." Stiles says directing it for just him and Scott as Derek sends him a glare. "Or just Zoey. I'll be back here." He finishes as he leans back into the backseat.

"Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek explains.

"Our chemistry teacher?" I ask confused.

"Why him?" Scott asks also.

"I don't know yet." Derek answers.

"What's the second?" I ask him.

"Some kind of symbol." He says as he pulls out a drawing as I quickly look at it as Scott and I sigh. "What you know what this is?"

"We've seen it on a necklace." I say.

"Allison's necklace." Scott finishes.

》》》