Friends and Birthdays

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up thinking it is just any other day. He feels more bitter than usual though, since there are like two subjects that he had tests for and he barely studied for both since he was busy reading fanfiction last night. He didn't even bother to open the group chat he had with his friends, not wanting to get into a chat flame with Jiyong or something.

And so, he rises from bed and drags himself to his bathroom to change for the day. After that, he picks up his bag and his phone then proceeds to climb down the stairs. The house is quiet as usual since everyone is busy preparing for school and work, so Baekhyun didn't really suspect anything.

Until, that is, when confetti suddenly pops right in front of his face, getting into his mouth when he shouts in surprise and some in his nostrils, along with the loud chanting of "Happy Birthday our dear Baekhyunnie!" followed by the feel of hands around his body and then the feel of two lips pressing on his mochi cheeks.

"Happy birthday, loser!" Baekhee greets, ruffling his hair as she shoves something into his chest. Dumbfounded, he holds it up and sees that it was an EXO photobook that Baekhyun had not been able to get his hands on.

With watery eyes, Baekhyun looks up to his younger sister and stretches his arms towards her. "Baekhee, you are seriously the best sister. I want to cry-"

"Nope, not now baby," Mrs. Byun jumps in as she pulls Baekhyun away from his sibling and then makes him sit down on the head of the table which was currently filled with dishes that were all of Baekhyun's favourite ones. His mouth begins to water as he eyes everything in wonder.

"I completely forgot that today was my birthday," Baekhyun says as his mother puts rice into his plate.

"Silly," Mrs. Byun chuckles as she pinches her son's cheek.

"You are so freaking stupid!" Baekhee exclaims in amusement as she slaps Baekhyun's arm. "How do you even forget about something as important as your birthday?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "I did not check the date for the past few days, that's why I forgot. But I did not entirely forgot because I knew it was this month and that it was maybe next week or something."

"Now now kids," Mrs. Byun chimes in. "School bus is arriving in a few, you might want to get a move on."

If his family had not mentioned that it was his birthday today, Baekhyun would never have remembered because at school, no one among his friends - or his so-called friends, whatever - had approached him and greeted him. Jiyong's probably still being an ass so he is convincing the others not to talk to him for the moment - a stupid game of pride and ego that Baekhyun was too petty to also partake in.

Sashaying down the hall, Baekhyun reaches his locker to get his books for the morning classes. Upon opening his locker, Baekhyun gasps and jumps out of the way when a tidal wave of letters avalanched out from the inside.

"Well look at the convenience."

Baekhyun looks up and sees Chanyeol, chuckling at the scene in front of him.

"Not in the mood for your stupid jokes in the morning, Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun sighs in irritation as he kneels down and begins picking up the stupid letters for him to throw in the trash. Call him an asshole, but the feelings of his admirers were the least of his worries right now when he's got other stuff bothering him.