On The Same Wavelength

"You've been neglecting my calls. The company is getting annoyed."

"I'm on hiatus, hyung."

"But you're still in contract."

"I'm busy with schoolworks."

"More like busy with fucking around."

"What-"

"You think we don't know about your boy toy?"

"Don't you dare lay a finger on Baekhyun or I will kill you-"

"Calm down, Chanyeol. All I'm saying is that you should answer my calls and come when I need you. You are on hiatus from the spotlight but you still need to fulfill your duties for your upcoming come back."

"Whatever."

"Chanyeol-"

Irritated, Chanyeol ends the call and throws his phone across the room. It shatters against the wall into pieces that he knew he wouldn't be able to fix anymore but he didn't care. If anything, that is for the best. He didn't want his stupid manager to ruin his peace, especially not when he's so happy living the life away from the stage and the prying eyes of the public.

Rolling over the bed, Chanyeol faces the person next to him. His annoyance immediately melts away and is replaced by a feeling of bliss when he sees Baekhyun laying on the spot next to him, curled up like a cute little baby as he lets out little puffs of breath. Against the white sheets with his cute face and his glorious tanned skin, he looks so angelic and pure that it makes Chanyeol's heart ache.

In contrast with the pure image that the idols try to reflect on to the fans, they are actually a bunch of little rascals playing around matchmaking with each other behind cameras. Everyone liked getting it on with each other since only idols can understand idols and it's dangerous to be involved with non-celebrities.

But Chanyeol had this sort of pure streak to him. Sure he's male and kind of gay, and there's lots of idols out there who would want him too, but he did not want to be with anyone that has been intimate with his friends since being the social type, Chanyeol is friends with lots of idols and almost all idols had been with each other at least once and that didn't really click with him.

That's why dating has never really appealed to Chanyeol.

But that's only until he decided to transfer to his current school for senior year and met Baekhyun.

Manly, stingy but cute Byun Baekhyun who is the golden boy of the school for being very beautiful and smart yet too dumb to even notice that Chanyeol is the precious Loey that he secretly worshipped when he is all alone or with people he trusts. He has never wanted anyone more than he had with Baekhyun, and he wants to cherish him all his life.

They are young and Chanyeol knows that everything is very complicated between them right now without Baekhyun knowing, but he wants to really dedicate himself to no one but Baekhyun for the years to come. It's crazy and totally impractical, but Chanyeol has always been a hopeless romantic and he will do anything just so he and Baekhyun could get their own happy ending.

Chanyeol reaches out and cups Baekhyun's cheek, smiling fondly at him. He wonders how Baekhyun would react if he finds out that he is actually Loey. Or is he already suspecting, but he isn't sure or doesn't really want to admit that he knows Chanyeol and Loey are one because it's just too damn impossible and out of this world for an idol to be secretly hiding his identity so out in plain sight?

Whatever it is, Chanyeol knows he should admit it to him soon. He can't keep on pretending like this. Sure, he's not actually pretending because if anything, this is the real him. He is Chanyeol, and that person on stage, Loey, is just a projection of his idol self. It's more like he is hiding a part of him from Baekhyun, and he doesn't want to keep on going like this.