Dinner Night

"Wow, your apartment is kinda neat," Baekhyun comments enthusiastically when he enters Chanyeol's place, eyes straying around in curiosity. Everything is clean and organized, and the whole place is themed with a sleek and chic modern style yet still felt cozy and homey. The living room had a coffee table in front of a couch and there is a television across it. Aside from that, there's literally nothing else (also because the place is quite small). There are several doors though, so Baekhyun figures that the apartment is actually more spacious than it looks, just that it's divided into more rooms.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes as he throws his jacket on to the sofa, leaving him in just a sleeveless black shirt. He turns to Baekhyun, who gets a bit flustered seeing his amazing arms bare to the world.

"Do you think I'm a slob or something?" he challenges.

"Kind of," Baekhyun grins, tilting his head to the side cutely.

Chanyeol chuckles as he turns around and walks into his kitchen, with Baekhyun following closely behind. He marvels at how complete his kitchen, equipped with almost everything Baekhyun can think of despite how small it actually is.

"My mom would enjoy using a kitchen like this," Baekhyun comments as he sits at the breakfast counter to keep out of Chanyeol's way who has started taking out ingredients to make dinner.

"You like fried chicken, right?" Chanyeol wonders, turning around as he lifts a plastic filled with raw chicken drumsticks. Baekhyun didn't have to say anything when Chanyeol sees the hungry look in his eyes, making him chuckle as he turns to place it at the side. If this was all a comic book, then Baekhyun would have had teary, glazed eyes along with a wide mouth that had saliva dripping down the side as he stared at the delicious-looking raw chicken meat.

There's just silence as Baekhyun gazes at Chanyeol's back who moves around as he cooks, the frying pan sizzling as the chicken fried up into a golden brown color, emitting a delicious savory smell that made Baekhyun's stomach growl.

"Someone's really hungry," Chanyeol chuckles as he pleasantly hums to the sizzling sound of oil. Baekhyun stands up, taking the older by surprise when he suddenly presses up against his back and wraps his arms around his waist into a backhug.

"Hyung, you smell so good," Baekhyun sighs, voice muffled.

"Not the food?"

"You and the food."

"Hyunee, you're so cute," Chanyeol softly whispers, his elfish ears red as he puts a hand up to cover Baekhyun's hands that were intertwined over his belly.

"I never expected us to reach this point at all," the smaller chuckles. "And I'm so happy we're here right now."

Baekhyun moves to the side and smiles up to Chanyeol, who moves his head to the side in order to face him. He will never get tired talking about the milestones in their relationship no matter how small. After all, Baekhyun has the streak for sentimentality.

"How about you, Chanyeol-hyung? Are you happy being with me?"

He says this with bright, sparkling eyes and a little pout that gives Chanyeol this slight aching feeling in his heart.

He never wants to let him go, no matter what happens in the future.

Leaning down, Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun's forehead, long and lingering before he pulls away.

"You make me so happy, Baekhyun. Thank you."

After preparing the food, Chanyeol sets up dinner at the living room on the coffee table so that they could watch television while eating. Amidst scrolling through channels, Baekhyun suddenly screams when he comes upon a music channel and it's showing a special of EXO performances through the years.