At the Beach

Baekhyun stands at the doorway of the kitchen, peeking at his mother who is pleasantly making their dinner for tonight. He wants to ask her permission for the little trip with Chanyeol but he did not know how to do so. He has no idea why he feels so awkward. Maybe it's because it's the first time he's spending it all alone with a friend, and even if it's already his third year in highschool he still hasn't introduced any of his friends to her at all.

"Baekhyun, I know you want to tell me something."

The brunette freezes in shock when his mother calls for him.

"H-How did you know I was here?" Baekhyun asks in awe as he slowly makes his way over to the kitchen counter.

"I felt your presence," Mrs. Byun chuckles as she turns the fire off. With arms crossed, she faces Baekhyun who is now seated at the counter fiddling with a ladle distractedly.

"What's up? Do you want to ask for money again?"

Baekhyun puffs his cheeks. "Since when did I ask money from you?"

"Joking," Mrs. Byun giggles as she pinches his cheek. "Ah, you're growing so chubby. I'm doing such a good job."

Baekhyun ignores the chubby comment and leans forward, finally having the courage.

"Mom, I have this friend-"

"You have friends?" Mrs. Byun says in surprise.

Baekhyun pouts again. "Of course I have!"

"You never brought them home though, I thought you were just pretending to have friends," she shrugs. "It's not exactly a surprise. You spend your whole time fangirling over that boyband of yours but I'm not complaining of course, you do well with your academics anyway."

Baekhyun stops himself from whining to his mother that he was fanboying, not fangirling. He sighs and says, "So yeah, I actually have friends and I have this one who wanted me to come with him to the beach for the duration of the weekend."

"One? You mean… just the two of you?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun starts sweating under the judging gaze of his mother.

"Is it a girl?"

"No!" Baekhyun wails.

"A boy then?"

"Yes, it's a boy."

The judging gaze on his mother's gaze is even more intense at the mention that he is being accompanied by a male.

"Mom, why are you looking at me like that?" Baekhyun asks warily.

"Nothing," she says nonchalantly. "Just remember to use condoms."

Baekhyun looks wide-eyed at his mother, scandalized by what she just said. His arms shoot up to his chest and he cries, "Mom! I'm not gay!"

"Are you seriously going to deny that at this point?!" his mother yells at him. "You drool over that rocker guy on your posters and you call yourself straight?! Get your shit together Byun Baekhyun."