Fall For You

So far, dating Taeyeon is quite a pleasant experience for Baekhyun. Aside from being pretty and laidback, she isn't annoying and is very mature. She is also very caring, can keep an actual conversation going and has great sense of humor. She's very refreshing and for once, Baekhyun actually enjoys the company of someone he had decided to date.

Baekhyun sighs depressingly as he twirls his teaspoon, mixing the coffee before taking a sip. As much as he enjoys Taeyeon's company, he still couldn't get himself to genuinely like her. As in, the heart-fluttering, nerve buzzing type of like. Weeks into their relationship, and he could only go as far as hugging her. Baekhyun's aware that he's been treating Taeyeon as just a friend, and their dates seem more like simple friendly hang-outs rather than actual dates between a girlfriend and boyfriend.

"Annoying," Baekhyun utters in distaste. He could only blame the lack of development of his feelings for Taeyeon on a certain crazy-color haired senior who he has been avoiding all this time. He knows Chanyeol probably hates him now and the best thing to do is forget about him, but Baekhyun couldn't seem to help himself. He still sees the senior around campus once in awhile, all alone with his sketchbook and sometimes, there's Yixing or Jongdae hovering around him. Baekhyun wants to patch things up with Chanyeol more than anything, but he can't do that right now. He's been an asshole to him, and Baekhyun needs to atone to that by distancing himself from the senior.

It may sound kind of weird, but for Baekhyun whose stupid heart is yearning for his beloved Chanyeol-hyung, it's a very effective punishment.

"Hey," Taeyeon appears with cup noodles in both of her hands. She places them down and flicks Baekhyun's nose, bringing the brunette back to reality.

"What the fuck?" Baekhyun curses in surprise, causing the girl to chuckle in amusement as she sits on the bench across him and starts mixing her noodles with a pair of chopsticks.

"It hurts, you know?" Baekhyun whines with pouty lips as he massages his nose. "Look, I think it's bleeding."

"It's not, don't be such a drama queen," Taeyeon laughs. "Come on, eat your noodles."

"Why are we even in a convenience store?" Baekhyun huffs. "We could go somewhere else. The pizza place isn't that far from here, and there's a burger house just at the corner."

"I was craving for noodles, so shut up," she gives him a threatening look that eventually made Baekhyun just close his mouth and eat. Sometimes Taeyeon could be a bit scary. Just like his mom, Baekhee and his fellow EXO-Ls. Or maybe girls are generally scary, it's just that the ones he's been with are complete idiots.

"By the way, what's bothering you? You looked really pissed off awhile ago," Taeyeon wonders, words muffled because of the noodles stuffed in her mouth. It should have looked disgusting, but it only made her look cute.

Baekhyun wanted to tell her that she looked like a chipmunk, but decides to shut up because he might just get a bruise from it.

"It's nothing..."

A pained cry resonates past the brunette's lips when Taeyeon suddenly shoots up from her bench and pinches his mochi cheeks.

"Ah, it hurts! It hurts!" Baekhyun wails, eyes watery with tears as he tries to pry her hands off of him. "Taeyeon, you're going to rip my cheeks off!"

"I'm your girlfriend, Baekhyun," she says in annoyance as she sits back on her chair, watching the boy massage his cheeks with a miserable pout on his lips. "I know you don't feel anything for me, but you should at least confide in me. At least be honest around me, that's the least you could to make up for the fact that you suck as a boyfriend."