A Fanboy's World

Baekhyun knows that he should feel comfortable now that the burden of his secret has been lifted at least a little bit, but to be honest? It did nothing but make him feel kind of embarassed, awkward and a bit more conscious of himself. He didn't know how to act or talk to Chanyeol, whose messages and calls he has, once more, ignored for the duration of the weekend.

That Monday in the locker hall while getting his books for the next subjects, Baekhyun actually attempts to avoid him again when Chanyeol disrupts this and suddenly appears in front of him.

Baekhyun turns around to the other side, but he feels Chanyeol grab his hand and pull him back to face him.

"Where do you think are you going?"

The brunette sighs in despair, realizing now that Chanyeol has seen him, he won't let him get away easily. Instead of trying to escape, Baekhyun surrenders with shoulders sagging and lips in a pout as he stares up at the older from below his lashes.

"You're not going to avoid me again, are you?" Chanyeol says, caressing the other's hand with his thumb. Baekhyun lowers his head and shakes it left to right.

"You're really confusing, you know?" Chanyeol continues. "I'm just keeping up with you because I like being with you and that you're cute."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Baekhyun says, a bit hesitant. "I'm just… I'm just insecure now that… you know… you know that."

Chanyeol stares at him for a few more seconds before breaking out into a wide grin. "Don't be so conscious, I still see you the same way, Hyunee. Just more cute now that I know you fanboy over a- mmmmm!"

Baekhyun had suddenly sprung forward to cup the older's mouth. He glares at him and says, "Shut up! You can't say stuff like that so carelessly!"

Chanyeol pries off Baekhyun's hands and holds his wrists up, dipping down to close the distance between them with his face dangerously cloes to the younger's and says, "I know, I was just teasing you. I care too much about you to let you suffer."

Baekhyun holds gazes with Chanyeol for a moment, stunned even more by his charm when he smiles at him. He gulps, knowing damn well that they were in the hall, in public sight, and there's probably people talking about their weird exchange right now, but he couldn't seem to move.

"Look at you," Chanyeol clicks his tongue as he smirks. "I think you just fell in love with me."

Before Baekhyun could snap at him for being so full of himself, Chanyeol steps away from his personal space, letting him finally breathe.

"Hey," he says. "Let me walk you to class, then let me have you later during lunch. Let's talk."

Baekhyun finds himself nodding to that even if that was the last thing that he wanted to do. Dammit. His submissiveness to Park Chanyeol isn't going to take him to greater heights.

"You and Park Chanyeol have such a weird friendship," Jongdae comments when Baekhyun arrives in the classroom.

"Yeah," Yixing adds in. "You find him annoying, so you constantly bicker and quarrel with him in the hallways. He would then say something and you end up blushing like a little teenage girl. It's really weird to watch, but I've heard some people finding it cute."

"Oh god," Baekhyun groans. "What are we, some kind of drama that people watch for entertainment? Can't you people just mind your own goddamn business?"

"Hey, just saying," Jongdae says, patting his back. "We know you love your Chanyeol-hyung-"

"I don't love him!" Baekhyun denies furiously.