Movie Date Excuses

Baekhyun hates this subject so much. Not because the teacher is boring nor because the syllabus was uninteresting, but it's because of the people seated right behind him.

"Hey, do you know the tea for today?"

"What, what?"

"You're going to be so surprised once you hear about this!"

He rolls his eyes and tries to filter out the annoying voices of the girls gossiping from behind him. Can the teacher catch them so he could throw them out of class? He can't concentrate any bit with them talking so loudly.

"You know Byun Baekhyun, right?"

"Dammit," Baekhyun says through gritted teeth. They are talking about him this time.

"He hasn't been hanging out with Jiyong and the others! Do you know why?"

"I do not know if this has anything to do with it but..."

"But what?!"

"Don't be such a crude and stop with the cliffhangers, damn!"

"...Baekhyun is a homosexual."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes once more and he actually gets scared for a moment when he does it too harshly that for a moment he thinks they are going to get lost behind his eye socket.

"No way! That's gross!"

"But wait! How did you know?!"

"He's seen kissing some senior named Park Chanyeol!"

Baekhyun smiles at the thought of that. When he realizes what he is doing, he slaps himself.

I'm becoming a weirdo too, he thinks with a massive sigh.

"Is he as handsome as Baekhyun is?"

"I... I don't even know. Who is he?"

"It's a nerd, no one interesting. The one with the crazy hair."

"Oh! That library assistant?"

"Yeah, that weirdo who I heard kept stalking Baekhyun."

"And he fell for him?!"

"What kind of drama is this, holy shit."

"Byun Baekhyun is committing social suicide."

"I didn't know he could be that edgy... it's kinda hot, if I have to be honest."

"I also have to be honest, I do think so too. I mean, it is Byun Baekhyun after all, you get me? But the fact that he is gay..."

"It's disgusting."

"Someone so cool could turn into an actual faggot..."

"Disappointing."

Baekhyun groans in his seat and finally raises his hand.

"Mr. Hwang?"

The teacher turns to him and flashes him a bright smile.

"Yes, Mr. Byun?"

"The girls behind me are too noisy," he says casually, and he hears them gasping. "Can you do something about it, please?"

"Oh why yes of course," the teacher nods. "Ladies, if you think my subject is not worthy of your time, please do everyone a favor and do not disrupt my class by getting out, thank you."