Dazed and Confused

"Let me get this straight okay?" Yixing sips on his beer, screwing his face before pointing at Chanyeol and continues, "One, you confessed to Byun Baekhyun."

The younger nods sullenly as he leans against the arm rest of the sofa, elbow propped up with his chin resting on the palm of his hand.

"Two," Yixing lifts two fingers up. "He made you leave his house."

Chanyeol's frown deepens at the memory of how Baekhyun pushed him away then screamed at him to leave

"Three, he never picked up any calls or messages from you after then."

A pout forms on his lips.

"And four, he's been avoiding you for four days now."

"Is the idea of being with me really revolting, Yixing?" Chanyeol whines as he ruffles his hair frustratedly. "I mean, I've been treating him really good and I'm not that ugly-"

"You're not ugly, that can be proven by the millions of fans who love Loey, including Baekhyun himself," Yixing says. "But as Chanyeol… you're still handsome, but context."

"Context?"

"I mean, Baekhyun's technically not gay," Yixing says matter-of-factly. "According to Jongdae, he went out with numerous girls. I mean, that's as straight as one can get, right? So yeah, it's not about a matter of how ugly you are. It's all down to Baekhyun's preferences."

"But why did he have to be so harsh…" Chanyeol pouts. "He can just, you know, reject me right?"

"Ah, that's where it gets interesting," Yixing wiggles his eyebrows as he leans forward.

Chanyeol frowns again "What? Why?"

"Disclaimer though, I'm not saying this because I'm giving you hope, alright?" Yixing says. "Now, I think Baekhyun reacted this way because he's confused."

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. "Elaborate?"

"Well people of both gender confessing to him is probably no new thing," Yixing rubs his chins. "But because it's you, he's scared and doesn't know what to do."

"Why? What's wrong with me?"

Yixing gives him a dirty look. "You're as clueless as he is, dumbass."

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "Well what do you expect from someone who can't date normally?"

"Whatever," Yixing waves a hand. "Nothing's wrong with you. It's just that there's two things that we must consider. One is that Baekhyun is a bit surprised to hear a confession from a close friend or two," he lowers his voice and flashes a suggestive grin. "is that he harbors feelings for you without acknowledging it so when you confessed, it made him realize and he doesn't know what to do."

Chanyeol sighs in despair. No matter what it is, it doesn't change the fact that he'll be miserable for the next few days. He won't be able to see Baekhyun since he's intentionally avoiding him and ignoring his calls. He should've hust shut up and waited for a better time to try and confess. But really, what does he even know about shit like this? He's never even confessed nor dated anyone before since he's married to the music.

Chanyeol pouts again resentfully.

"This sucks."

.
.
.

To say that Baekhyun is confused is a total understatement.

Never had a confession bothered him this much before. It's just either he accept or rejects, as simple as that. He has received one from all kinds of people in school, from different genders at that. It's nothing new to him, yet here he is, somehow rendered immobile and unable to do anything just because of it.