Chapter 3-Running Isn't Fun (Edited)

Chapter 3

Everything just seemed to stop. No, not because I got lost in his eye again (still can't believe I did that). It was because the shock of the situation just stunned me into silence. That's exactly why when he said in that rough voice of his, "What is your name beautiful mate?", I didn't answer him nor did I move away from the Monster that I knew would ruin my life.

Instead, I heard the usual teasing voice of my best friend say hesitantly, "That's Vanessa, I'm Amanda her best friend". His onyx coloured eyes flicked to her blankly and nodded his head in greeting.

Those eyes immediately flickered back to me, most probably trying to gauge any reaction from my shocked expression. Let me tell you I bet it weren't pretty with my mouth gaping and my eyes wide. He moved towards me, my eyes flickering down to the action of his steps coming closer to me. With each step of his I stepped back slowly.

"Hello Vanessa, I've been waiting a long time for you". My name coming from those delicious lips of his causes goosebumps to rise on my arms under my cardigan, damn it why did I think his lips were delicious? Why?! With the those treacherous thoughts out of my mind and the shock of all this wearing down I realise how bad this situation really is. Ah...shit.

Crap, crap. How am I gonna get out of this? Then the famous 'flee instinct' of the human race kicked in and I started to barge people out of my way. No time for saying sorry this was a desperate time. "Vanessa!?", I could hear the command and question in his shout. I just knew he was coming after me.

Seriously, Nessa didn't you think? Of course a Were wouldn't let their mate get away that easily I thought to myself. I felt like slapping myself in the face for being so dumb. Finally getting to the back doors of the 'house' I skid along the luxury marble flooring hearing the squeak of my converse.

Giving a quick look through the curtain of my hair over my shoulder I see him gaining on me, I knew he wasn't going as fast as he could. The Monsters had an upper hand in all physical aspects. He most probably didn't want to scare me, ha like this didn't scare me enough, being mated to a Werewolf wasn't on the top of my to do list you could say. Especially an Alpha, just my freaking luck!

Just cause I haven't suffered enough it seems my 'luck' and clumsiness has decided to shine through. I run straight into a door with a smack. A freaking door. Oh and no there wasn't another person on the side opening the door, oh no this door was just in the place it should be. Closed.

"Shit, fucking twat head big bummed door", I cussed quite loudly while cradling my sore forehead. I heard his footsteps before I felt his warm manly hands over my slim feminine ones. He removed my hands even though I didn't want to, he started to prod my head gently then I hissed in pain when he reached the tender part. "Sh, sh I'm sorry, okay? Let's get some ice", he cooed to me like I was a fragile baby.

Arrghh....

We entered an empty clean kitchen, with red tiles and black marble surfaces. I turn around to admire the kitchen I have never set foot in before. I heard some draws and a fridge door opening but I didn't turn around to face Alpha Logan. What was I going to do? I know when my Mum finds out she'll freak and most probably cry.

I'll have to move out, I am a human mate after all. Alpha Logan 'owns' me now. Arghh... He applied the ice wrapped in a tea towel to my head and took my hand against my will then started to stroke his thumb on my hand in a circular motion. I tried tugging my hand back but he wouldn't let go. Then he asked the question I wanted to avoid, "So mate, why did you run?"

My mind went completely blank, I didn't know how to answer him.