Chapter 16-Her Story

I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!

I feel terrible but I have my GCSE's right now so I'm trying to find some time.

Thanks for still reading, please continue to comment, vote and fan. Thank you! <3

Chapter 16

Vanessa's POV

Thinking back to last night I still shudder in disgust, and then annoyance quickly flares up when the Heat's...well, heat hits me. Okay, so you can fairly say after Logan presented this little bit of information to me I went into a hysteric.

At first all I could do was cry and dread my sickening future and then I got angry. Like, super angry. Livid with this Heat I started fighting against Logan and shouting different stuff at him. I remember one which was, 'You sick bastard! I'm going to be breeding like a rabbit soon' and that 'I didn't want to be his baby machine'.

Logan was very happy with the heat thinking that he would get some. The horny devil. Mr. Alpha started to get all high and mighty with pinning me down and growling about, 'how our babies will be strong, and I'm having them no matter what!' The plural on baby kinda freaked me out a bit.

I was scared being pinned under him in our argument but I covered it with anger. I was fed up with being vulnerable. After the argument lasted for half an hour Logan decided it was time for bed.

He said, and I quote, "You're just tired, you'll see reason in the morning".

Let's just say I didn't see reason in the morning.

Right now I'm sitting on the living room couch fuming. Logan's left for some pack business while I'm stuck in doors as he doesn't want me going out by myself.

I'm just contemplating smashing up his plates to annoy him and distract myself form this blazing heat all over my body when I hear a few excited knocks on the door. Who would have thought knocks could be excited?

I groan while I get up not sure who the person is on the other side of the door. I cautiously open it to see a blur and then I'm on the floor being tackled uncomfortably in a crushing hug.

I look down to see fiery red curls and I laugh, "Err...Rox....? GET OFF OF ME!"

I roll around on the floor nearly wetting myself laughing as she seems to have some spaz attack as she rolls off of me to scream. She gives me an evil glare and goes to leap for me but I stop her. "Don't, I'm highly contagious!" I hold my hands out, palms facing forward, like I'm trying to ward off something evil.

Her pale face scrunches in confusion and then she purses her lips at me and says, "Ewwww", like a little child. "Now I have cooties, why didn't you tell me? I could have crossed my fingers." She intertwines her fingers and holds them in front of her like it's going to protect her from evil spirit's.

"You do realise twixes don't work, right?", I raise an eyebrow in question at her serious face. She pouts and crosses her arms over her chest and sulks again....like a little child. Is she really an adult?

"Do too.", she starts sniffling like she is going to bawl into tears, "How much time do I have left? What is your disease? Can I eat ice cream and sprinkles as my last request?" I scrunch my eyebrows at her,"W-what..? No no I haven't got a disease. The truth is....I-I", I sigh heavily and gulp loudly, "Look Roxy, I'm in Heat."

I run my eyes over her face to see her mouth go in an O shape and she actually makes an "Oooohh!" as realisation seems to dawn on her face. She crooks one side of her mouth into an uncertain grin and then she raises her hands in the air and shouts, "Congratulations!"

I just give her a blank stare and her full blown grin slowly diminishes into a grimace. "I take it...your not so happy about all this", she says every word slowly like she's uncertain whether or not that she's asking a question.

I humph and say stroppily and point to my face, "Does this face look happy?" By her flinch I notice that I've snapped at her. I sigh and look at her with apologetic eyes. This isn't her fault, jeez why are you snapping at her? I feel terrible but with one smile from Roxy I know I'm forgiven.

"It's okay, I know how you feel. I bet that warmth from it is terrible, from the way you're so antsy I would guess that you haven't given in yet."

"And I won't." I say to her shortly. To tell the truth I'm not just promising her I'm promising myself.

"Yeah...Well if you want I'll show you a way to cool down as you seem reluctant to touch the Alpha."

I nod my head vividly as the heat all around my body has seemed to increase with the mention of it, like it's saying "Yeah, I'm still here Bitch!"

______------------________------------________-----------________------------_______-----------

I moan as I settle into the freezing cold water in the bath tub that is full to the brim of it. This is Roxy's great idea and I must say it is actually cooling down my body. I prod the ice cubes floating around so they bob down and come back up to the surface. "I gave in after a week."

I look up at Rox who is perched on the side counter with her legs crossed with a big ice cream tub in her lap and a metal spoon in her hand. "Still, a week's quite long", I say as I think about going through a week of this. 

She sighs and says, "I wish I didn't wait so long, it's better with your mate than anyone else. Just....just mind blowing." I pull a face at her and she continues, "My story is...different."

"I never loved Max at first; in fact I was brought up to despise his kind." At my encouraging expression she continues. "I'm 21 now so I was six when the War started and then it ended a year later. However short that time was something happened in that year that changed my life forever....

"My mom was murdered during the last couple of months that year, she was walking home from work. A crowd of rowdy human men were cornering a Werewolf man down an alleyway. Let's just say they provoked him and he changed. He lost control of his wolf and the men saw my mom and used her as a shield to protect themselves.The cowards. My mom was seen as a threat so he...killed her. He had no control. 

"Of course I didn't know about this side of the story, the truth of it. My father just told me that she was murdered just because she was human, he even said she was raped. I was brought up by my father, and the other men who resisted against the Werewolves, to hate their kind. So when I was 19 I found out that I was a mate to one of them and I totally flipped out, I didn't tell my father because I couldn't face the disappointment and disgust that would surely be on his face. I didn't plan on him ever knowing.

"Father found out and he abandoned me. He found out because Max had come to my house to claim what was his. Let's just say it weren't pretty, I begged my father to not leave me with this...monster. And my father claimed I was the same as my mother, but I din't get it at the time. I got bit and claimed. For a whole week I fought against Max, calling him things that I wish I could take back now.

"You see at the end of the week of my heat Max took me to her grave, father always claimed that the Were's had said that she didn't deserve a burial as she wasn't one of them. However, she did get one and I never attended it because of my bastard of a father. It turns out he lied about her death because she was going to leave him and take me with her as he became aggressive and untrustworthy. He used the Werewolves as an excuse.

"Well, I haven't seen him since and I don't want to, I'm perfectly happy with Max. The happiest I have ever been. And...well that's my story, what's your reason?"

I just stared at this girl with silent tears running down my face, one who had been actually told to hate Werewolves all her life by her father. She had lost her mother to a Werewolf but she has forgiven it.

What was my reason? Except from not wanting to be possessed and hating that all humans don't have the freedom we used to, I just don't know no more.

Could I get over this fear of being possessed like an object?

Can I?