Chapter 17-A Rash Decision

AGAIN SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

Thank you to any of those that commented and voted. I've tried to consider all of your comments into this chapter, so i'm sorry if it's not what you completely wanted.

( ^_^ )   <3

Chapter 17

After Roxy left the apartment, when all the ice cream was devoured, I started to look for something to pass the time away and take my mind off of the overbearing heat a bit.

I could stay in the bath of cold water to help me cool down but I don't want to become a shriveled raisin or something covered in wrinkles. Uh...? Not a good look, I think as I shiver

Walking aimlessly around the apartment I end up in the bedroom. Something glints as I walk past it. Oh my God, that's my cell phone! I actually fling myself on the bed so I bounce on it momentarily and grab my phone off of the bedside table. My face actually hurts from smiling this much but i don't care as I look at the time on my phone and I realise I can ring a certain special person.

With it being about 4o'clock in the afternoon I know that he will be at home now from school. I scroll down that familiar contact list until I get to my home phone number. I press the dial button and hear the usual monotone ringing. It seems to go on for a bit and then I hear my Mom's voice. "Hello, who is this?"

By hearing her voice I suck in a deep breath and reply to her in a longing voice. The longing to see the caring face that goes with that voice. "Hey, Ma".

"Oh Darling, whta's wrong? Are you hurt?" My Mom replies in a panicked voice.

Trust my Mom to think there is something wrong with me for me to want to call her. "No Mom, everything's just...", horrible, frustrating I think but say, "just peachy."

"Okay, did you want anything?" After her saying this I tell her what I want. After some shuffling on the phone I hear the voice that makes me cry silently in relief, and so, so much happiness.

"Ve-ve", he exclaims in joy.

Trying not to sob I wipe my tears and clutch the phone closer to me like nothing in the world right now could separate me and this phone. "How's my little ball of sunshine?"

"Fine fine, good good." I laugh at his 'cool' response. I hear his sweet giggle and then he says in a hushed voice like his telling me a secret, "I miss you Ve-ve."

My heart feels like it just got a big massive crack in it, "Oh. Baby I miss you too." So, so much I think brokenly.

I sniff and wipe my now drenched cheeks and say in a fake cheerful voice to divert making Sonny cry, "How was school Bud?"

"It was really good, I painted a picture for you!"

"Oh really, what was it?"

"Your favy, I painted you and me on the couch eating a...a huge tub of ice cream and err-oh yeah mommy is in the back and she's all red and angry cos' we ate it all", he starts to laugh at the end and I join him.

"What makes you think I'll share any ice cream huh?"

I can actually imagine him thinking with his little tongue poking out showing how much he is concentrating. "Cos'...you love me!"

"Hm-mm...well, I suppose that is true." Then I ask him all different questions about what has been happening, he even tells me about this little girl in his class that keeps randomly giving him hugs and then she runs away giggling. Yeah, such a little player.

I keep talking to Sonny and realise that this the most that I have laughed recently but sadly I have to say goodbye because he has dinner now. I tell him goodbye with a big 'I love you' and making kissy noises down the phone. He asks me about when I'll see him and unfortunately I don't have an answer except from an uncertain 'soon'.