Chapter 10-Normality

Thanx for your comments on the last chapter, it's nice to hear what other's think of it all. Also, thank you for the advice sanshazy, I tottally agree with you.

Chapter 10

After the soothing shower, most probably the only thing that had seemed normal since the whole ordeal, I dressed in my clothes. I didn't want to be near him or even look at him but the slight grumble in my stomach reminded me that I haven't eaten in a while. Walking down the bland narrow hallway I decide to sink into the massive leather thing called a sofa. Letting my eyes flutter shut I breathe in deeply, the wetness on my back from my still wet hair only slightly uncomfortable.

Feeling a solid thing poke in the back of my thigh I pull out a remote. Well T.V does seem to be a good idea right now, take my mind off of the Monster clanging things around in the kitchen. I point the remote at the Telly and go for the big red button on the top of it. For a couple of seconds the screen of the big T.V stays blank and then a picture brightens into sharp focus of a music channel; so, the mutt likes his tunes?

A song starts to play and the video plays and I realise, without the help of the pop-up below, what it is: Rihanna- California King Bed.

A/N- No copyrights intended and any songs will be exactly like today. I know the songs old, but i love it!

I start to softly sing along to the lyrics. "Chest to chest. Nose to nose. Palm to palm. We were always just that close. Wrist to wrist. Toe to toe. Lips that felt just like the inside of a rose." I take a breath.

"So how come I reach out my finger, it feels like more than distance between us. In this California King bed we're ten thousand miles apart." I close my eyes and lose myself in the music without realising i have company. "You're amazing", breathed Logan. I jump and stop my singing and quickly turn the music off leaving us in an awkward silence. Well, it's awkward for me.

I don't let people hear me sing, I don't like them to hear me sing. I suppose the 'move' has made me clumsy and forgetful, letting my guard down. Then I realise that I have let Logan....do all this to me, I haven't made my point clear enough. I feel the anger bubble up inside of me, the familiarity of this anger....the anger towards the Werewolves is refreshing. A familiar emotion of mine. A grudge and constant anger is said to never be good for you but it just felt....normal.

Anything that resembles normal now I am definitely clinging to it. I turn to face him and see lust and wonder in those coal black eyes. I feel disgust at this and I pass the shivers racking through me as that. However, the stupid Bite; tingling in anticipation and aching a little bit said another thing. I ignored the other emotions, they aren't mine. The Bite is like a hallucination, it makes me feel things that would have made me punch someone in the past if they said i was feeling like this. These feelings aren't true.

I push up from the sofa and walk around the back of the sofa, not wanting to walk past his grabby hands. You could say I feel very paranoid right now, like there's this energy inside me I need to release. "I'm not and don't expect me to sing again.", I say in a harsh tone. He opens his mouth about to say something but I don't allow him to. "Ever.", with the hint of finality in my tone I turn away from him and stride to the kitchen.

I hear him growl and then a warm hand grasps my right arm to pull me into a hard chest. I tug hard, fighting harder with my anger but of course a human has nothing against a Werewolf in strength. Especially a young women against a big broad man, an Alpha refusing to let go of his Mate. "Mate i have been nothing but kind to you and you're angry at me? I'm your Alpha and Mate, i will not allow you to speak to me that way, got it?", these shocked and angry words were expected. He's an Alpha, pride is everything.

I stare into his eyes and answer angrily, "No Alpha I haven't got it." I scoff at the end. He starts to breath deeply, "Vanessa you will obey me and fulfill your duties as my Mate."

"Duties?", my mocking tone noticeable. "Vanessa, as my Mate you will provide me with pups. You are mine, not another man's. I'll protect you from anything. You're the most important person in my life. As an Alpha's Mate you're Luna and that comes with many responsibilities. OK, so right now you're not technically Luna as we haven't mated but we will........soon. Trust me."

He wasn't threatening me, he was promising me. I swallowed the lump in my throat, his expression so terrifyingly serious. He meant every single word and that...frightened me. He had gone on again about me having his Monster babies and i knew the first chance he can get he'll make me pregnant.

Then i guess i won't give him that chance, a stubborn part of me said. And i agreed wholeheartedly with that part of me. "Now let's eat.", Mr. high-almighty Alpha led me to the kitchen's breakfast bar. His arms wrapped around me, never letting me go.

He sits on one of the stools and i go to walk to the one furthest from him but he pulls me down onto his lap. Caging me in with his muscles. I huff in clear annoyance and say to him through clenched teeth, "There are two other stool's, i can sit on one of those. Your lap isn't a seat." 

He inhales my hair, a habit it seems to be becoming, and said, "Your place is on my lap. Now, stop squirming  and eat." His voice is one of no-nonsense. Ah, I am not a child! He pulls a plate piled with chicken and pasta in front of us. Then i notice that there is only one plate and one fork.

"Errrmm.....Aren't you having any?", I question him. "Of course Ve, we're sharing. Like all Mates do."

Then he picks up the fork and shovels some pasta in my mouth when i open my mouth to protest. I must admit it tasted heavenly. And that is how the rest of the meal went, him feeding me a bit then himself despite my many protests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night I'm sitting on the bed in the blue decorated bedroom. I fiddle with my pyjama shorts as i go over today's activities. After Logan practically force fed me he dragged me into the living room. Again, saying that my place is on his lap as i protested when he sat on the sofa, dragging me down with him. He put a film on, I still can't recall it. I didn't pay attention at all to the movie, i was too busy thinking about home. The place my family lives, also about how my friends are doing. My life has been destroyed. I fell asleep against the Monster surprisingly. I think the events as of late had just worn me out.

I grabbed the covers and a pillow and went to the other-side of the room to lay them on the floor. I get as comfortable as i can get in my makeshift bed. I close my eyes and one silent tear falls down my face, the only tear i will let myself cry right now. I hear the shower turn off and a couple of minutes later i hear him pad out of the bathroom. I pretend to be asleep and slow my breathing to a steady pace.

I hear him breath out a deep sigh then he picked me up in his arms then layed me down on what i assume to be the bed. His fingers stroke down the side of my face, i try not to flinch, then he kisses my lips.

"Why must you be so difficult?", he questions my 'sleeping' form. He then traps me in his arms and spoons me from behind. He keeps trailing kisses on my exposed neck and i just want to elbow him in the stomach and tell him to go where the sun don't shine but i don't want him to know i'm awake. He might try more than a kiss on the neck if i'm awake. I shudder unexpectedly at the thought. I freeze as i think he may have noticed my conscious state. Surprisingly, he gets up off the bed and i relax until he comes back and drapes what must be the covers i left on the floor over us.

I snuggle into the bed and covers then ignore the feeling of his body embracing mine from behind. Ignoring the way his hands possessively rest on my hips. If only he weren't a Were i would have broken his hands in half. Then i fall asleep, hoping, just hoping that tomorrow i can be out of this apartment.