04. Strange Voices

I decided that I would donate the dolls and their accessories when I got the chance, along with the dollhouse that I didn't have a use for anymore.

So, I had collected all of the dolls and their items and put them inside the dollhouse I dug out of my closet and set it on a table next to a window in my living room. It was all set to go to perhaps a child, who had better use of it than I did.

I spent the rest of the evening working on an update for my story while watching TV, Kitty outstretched at my side. Once I finished my chapter, I got up to get Kitty and myself dinner.

Instead of my cat following me to the kitchen, like she normally did, her eyes darted toward the dollhouse. Not even a second later she began charging at it.

"Kitty, no!" I ran after her.

She did her best to stick her arms through one of the windows, trying to claw at whatever was waiting for her inside. I picked her up and looked her in the face, surprised by her sudden desire to attack the dollhouse.

"What's wrong with you? What is it?"

Kitty only watched the dollhouse as I held her in front of me, her bottom legs kicking in the air. I followed her gaze to the dollhouse, curiosity sparking inside me.

Soft, small voices chimed from inside the house.

"Curiosity killed the cat," a light, carefree voice said.

"Shut up. She'll hear us," said another voice, deeper than the first.

"Why are you afraid of her? Yoongi's the one that will murder us if he gets woken up. So stop talking," I couldn't tell that voice apart from the others very well, but it was definitely a separate one.

Also, Yoongi? Wasn't that the name of one of my dolls?

I set my cat down on the floor and turned to open up the dollhouse. Three figures lost their balance and fell forward as the outsides of the house swung open. The other three watched with amusement evident on their small faces.

The three that fell stood up and looked at me along with the other three, eyes wide and facial expressions frozen in place.

"What the hell?" I stopped breathing, not even bothering to get a closer look.

I was imagining this. I fell asleep on the couch with Kitty next to me. I was totally dreaming. This wasn't real. This. Was. Not. Happening.

"No one move," one of them whispered, trying to avoid detection. "She might smack us. Don't attract the cat, either."

One of them moved forward with a boxy smile, slowly, and disobeying whoever told him not to. His brown hair fell over his forehead and barely reached his eyes, which he pushed to the side. "Hello," he chirped. "I'm Taehyung."

"You. Had. One. Job," another one whisper shouted.

And then I fainted.

           ___

Unedited.

Shorter chapter again so I can transition into the focus of the story. Do you guys like it so far?

I also don't have many ARMY friends, I'm pretty much by myself with fangirling. So if any of you want to be friends my dms are open :)