17. Roommates

After a few months and a lot of trial and error, the dolls settled into my lifestyle, quickly becoming a part of my everyday routine. It didn't take long for us to grow comfortable with each other—even Kitty didn't mind them much anymore.

Over the time span, the dolls and I worked together to make it easier for them to move about the apartment. Wooden ramps, stools, old textbooks, and other miscellaneous items were stacked and arranged around the apartment to give them access to just about anything I owned.

It really became like living with seven roommates.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie while I work on my update?" I asked on a Sunday morning, settling into the couch with my laptop propped in between my crossed legs.

"What do you even write about?" Jungkook asked.

His attention remained on his half of the cookie he split with Taehyung. It was the last one from the batch I baked the night before, so naturally, Taehyung and Jungkook decided to fight over it for a solid ten minutes before I decided to intervene and handed them each a half.

My gaze paused on the chocolate smeared across Taehyung's cheeks, a result of him trying to stuff his entire half into his mouth in one bite. I softly laughed when he tried to use Jungkook's shirt to wipe his face.

I thought about my answer, unsure of how much I wanted to reveal. "It's fanfiction."

"For what?" Yoongi appeared by my side, wiping his tired eyes and ruffling his messy hair.

That was his third nap that morning. The boy was almost never awake.

I tried to keep my voice steady as I answered. "Kpop," I quickly tried to think of a way to change the subject. "But that's not important and you guys didn't answer my question."

Yoongi grinned in a teasing manner before curling up against my fuzzy sock-covered foot. My guess was that he planned to take his fourth nap of the day.

"Kpop sounds so cool. I want to be in a Kpop band one day," Jungkook said with a hopeful, dreaming tone.

Seems unlikely. Especially for your height.

"Caw wee waht oi ory?" Taehyung muffled with his mouth full of cookie and wide eyes a minute later.

Jungkook paused to squint his eyes at the boy next to him, his eyebrows pulling together in confusion. "Pardon?"

"He asked if we can watch Toy Story," Namjoon translated, slowly walking into my field of vision.

He had one of the doll-sized books in his hands that he tossed to the floor with a look of disappointment in his eyes.

"What's up, Joon?" I questioned the purple-haired doll. He shook his head slowly before looking up at me.

"It was just silly pictures and no actual words. All of the toys that you got with the dollhouse so far seem to be pointless, and I've looked through almost everything."

Oh.

I turned my head toward the dollhouse that was still propped up by the window of my apartment, thinking about all the accessories that came with the dolls themselves.

I'll have to see what I can find at the bookstore and get Namjoon something to actually read like he so deeply desires.

"I'm sorry," I said because I didn't know what else to say. I'd have to gather all their useless materials and store it away in the dollhouse so it'd be out of the way.

"It's alright. And I'm fine with watching Toy Story," Namjoon decided, the usual light in his eyes slowly returning to his gaze.

"Yaaaay!" Taehyung jumped to his feet and fist pumped the air. He broke into a little dance before he tripped and fell into Jungkook.

"Get off me you dummy," Jungkook shoved his friend away, prompting a hurt expression to settle onto Taehyung's face.

"Hey, have you guys seen Hoseok or Jimin?"

All of us turned our attention to Jin as he strolled into the living room. He flicked a piece of blonde hair off of his forehead as he waited for us to answer him.

"No," almost all of us said in union.

"We're right here!" Hoseok announced, tightly clinging to Kitty's fur as she walked into the room.

I noticed that it kind of made him look like a young prince riding his noble steed.

What I didn't notice right away, however, was Jimin glowering as he followed the cat into the room.

"You never let me ride her!" a smile broke the scowl on his face for a split second as he quickly muttered, "hehe, that's-what-she-said."

I rolled my eyes at the same time Namjoon shook his head and turned his attention to the cookie-covered dolls, scolding them for making such a mess from a single cookie.

"You're just jealous because she likes me better," Hoseok proudly pointed out. Which was funny, because Hoseok used to be the one that was the most afraid of my cat.

"You cheated!" Jimin fumed, anger quickly returning to his expression and tone. "She only likes you because of that one time you threw peanut butter at her. The peanut butter you were eating. And you only did that because you were running away, scared that she'd eat you if you didn't."

Hoseok shrugged from his position on top of her. Kitty sat down, allowing Hoseok to climb off of her and face Jimin.

"I guess it worked out, because now I don't have to walk anywhere."

"That sounds nice," Yoongi jumped into the conversation without opening his eyes. "Maybe I should feed her peanut butter sometime."

"No," I panicked. "That was just as annoying to clean up as when Taehyung has his stomach issues. Like two nights ago."

"It's not my fault you fed us beans!" Taehyung quickly defended.

"She's right though. You really need to learn how to not get your waste all over the—" Jin was unable to finish his sentence due to the excessive amount of laughter bursting from his chest.

"Alright, can we not talk about this right now? I just ate," Namjoon requested.

"Namjoon's right. Let's just watch Toy Story and chill out for a little bit," I laughed, shaking my head at my minature friends.

Taehyung paused, looking up at me with terror and chocolate still smeared all over his face. "I really want to watch the movie... but I think I need to use the bathroom."

The sounds following that statement were half of us bursting into laughter while the other half of us gasped in horror.