06. Dinner Party

It would be an understatement to have said that the dolls had different reactions to their fallen fellow half-doll-half-human-breathing-toy-thing.

There was a wide range of emotions pummeling throughout the dolls as a whole. For instance, Jungkook and Taehyung ran and hugged my legs, grateful for my rescue.

"You saved us!" Jungkook and Taehyung had declared in union.

Jin overreacted like a mother, rushing to Yoongi's side and holding his head in his lap. He stroked his hair in a comforting manner, tears leaking from his eyes and dripping onto Yoongi's cheeks and lips.

Hoseok and Jimin broke into fits of laughter, hunched over and holding their stomachs. I was almost positive I saw Hoseok slap his leg a few times before falling over. Jimin had clapped his hands together twice.

Then there was Namjoon, who looked completely unamused. His dimples weren't even visible in that moment.

I was frozen as Kitty slowly trailed back into the room to see what all of the commotion was about.

"We won't ever be able to repay you for your kindness," Taehyung continued. "You really are a lifesaver. What's your name?"

All of their heads turned to me as they waited for my answer. My face heated under their gazes, because dolls or not, that was the most male attention I'd ever gotten.

"I'm Y/N," I breathed.

"Y/N," Taehyung repeated with a chirpy tone. "I like it. It's pretty, like you."

"Don't tell her that now, Tae. You'll scare her away," Jin scolded from his position on the floor, tending to Yoongi. He was feeling around Yoongi's head to see if there was any actual damage, I assumed.

"Yeah, hit on her later." Jimin said quietly, elbowing Jungkook.

"When the time is right," Jungkook agreed.

Hoseok disagreed and skipped to Taehyung's side. "I don't think it's wrong to tell a girl when she's pretty, I believe it does great things to their confidence. Plus it makes them all smiley and happy. Right, Y/N?"

I was surprised that he was inviting me back into their conversation. It pulled me from thinking and squinting at them. The entire situation was crazy and unrealistic to me.

Taehyung pulled on the material of my pants when I didn't answer right away. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Oh," I stumbled back, trying to shake him off me. Kitty was behind me and ran out of the way. "Sure, thank you. You're pretty too."

Stupid. I mentally face-palmed.

An eruption of giggles passed throughout the dolls at my compliment. I flushed while Taehyung grinned sweetly and mouthed a "thank you".

"Ouch," Yoongi stirred from his place on the floor and jerked upward. "Who hit me?"

All six dolls betrayed me and pointed their small fingers up toward my face. Yoongi looked up at me but didn't seem to care after taking the height difference into account.

"Whatever. I'm hungry," Yoongi sighed, to which the other boys sighed in relief. Yoongi's thirst for revenge has been completely quenched after his wipe-out.

Right. Dinner. I had forgotten that I still needed to feed Kitty and get myself something to eat.

After my cat was happily eating her food from her bowl and ignoring the other dolls, the dolls looked at me with expectant puppy-dog eyes. They were sitting on the counter so that I could talk with them more easily as I moved around the kitchen.