27. The Inquiry

"What's that smell?"

Once I finally separated from the group hug, Taehyung was still holding my shoulders and trapping me in place while he sniffed the air surrounding me.

"Oh no, Y/N. You're filthy. When was the last time you showered?" Jin asked in disapproval, approaching me from the left to inspect and play with a strand of my frizzy hair.

"Never mind that, when's the last time you slept? At all?" Namjoon fretted, probably taking notice of how red my eyes were and the dark circles that formed underneath them.

"Aww," Jimin cooed at me, stepping closer to examine my face. "She was a mess without us."

"Aw, poor Y/N!" Taehyung exclaimed, wrapping his arms tightly around me once again, unbothered by my stench. "It's okay. We're here now because you saved us. And now we can take care of you."

When I didn't say anything and stiffened instead, Taehyung released his hold on me to step back and study my expression.

"Why aren't you speaking? Are you okay?" Taehyung's eyes morphed into concern and hurt.

"Wow." Yoongi randomly added with a whistle. "I never realized how short she is."

"I think that we're just really tall," Hoseok's voice was muffled from having it pressed against Kitty as he smothered her with kisses. She meowed in protest, trying to escape from his arms.

I remained quiet.

The stress of everything that had been going on was like a chandelier. It sparkled with the beauty of my human emotions until the relief sliced through its tie, leaving it to crash and shatter into a million pieces.

And the shattered emotions skidded across the surface of my face, releasing my tears by their sharp edges.

"Yoongi! You made her cry," Taehyung yelled at the mint-haired man.

Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise and panic from witnessing the raw emotion.

"What? She knows I'm joking... I never actually mean to be—"

"Not now, Yoongi. If you can't have any empathy then go away. I mean, look at this place. She clearly went through a lot." Jin scolded.

The stress freely flowed through my body as Taehyung tried to wipe the tears away and Jungkook came behind me to wrap his arms around me.

Hoseok tried to hand me Kitty, but that made me cry harder so he held her against his chest instead.

"Wait... guys? Since we're all big now, does that mean my manhood—"

"Not now, Jimin," Namjoon shushed the former doll.

"Hey, look at me." Jin moved Taehyung out of the way to cup your face in his hands. "You're going to be okay. You're going to take a shower and clean yourself up so that you can eat something and then talk to us."

Jin gave me a small, understanding smile and then continued. "You're the strongest person I know. You've got this. You're going to be okay."

I nodded, wiping at my nose while I sniffled. Jin lead me to my bathroom and left me there, returning a moment later with some of my clean clothes.

I tried not to ask myself why he knew where all my undergarments were, but then I remembered how Yoongi got into all of my stuff and showed it off to the others when they were dolls.

"We'll see you in a bit," Jin told me.

The others nodded behind him and I closed the door to turn the water on.