24. Odd Discoveries

"You're alive!" The dolls declared as Jungkook followed me into the rest of my apartment.

For now.

With the biggest groan known to mankind, I wandered into the kitchen to find the soup that Jungkook mentioned as my stomach growled with a grumpy passion like Yoongi's personality.

And to also make sure the dolls didn't burn my apartment down while I was dying from sickness.

"Y/N!" Taehyung clapped and cheered. "We made soup for you."

I scrunched my nose as I approached Jin, Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok to observe the contents of the boiling pot.

"Who was in charge of this?" I quizzed.

Jin crossed his arms from his place atop a turned over cup. "Me and Jimin. I oversaw the entire process—"

"Nope," I abruptly decided, already turning away from the stove.

"But wait," Hoseok reached for my fingers and wrapped his arms tightly around them so I wouldn't move away. I foiled his plan by continuing to walk, leaving his legs dangling and kicking mid-air.

Moving my fingers closer to my face, I smirked as I became eye level with Hoseok and watched him continue to struggle without the support of being grounded.

"Jin is actually a good cook and made sure we made it perfectly," Hoseok gasped, squeezing his eyes shut in fear. "Now, please put me down."

Kitty pawed at my leg while staring up at Hoseok. An idea formed in my head as she continued to watch her favorite doll beg for his life.

"Sure," I grinned, wiggling my fingers free from his grip.

"Y/N, no!" Hoseok screamed as he slipped away from the safety of my hand. He covered his eyes with his hands on his way down until he safely landed on Kitty's belly, who turned over to catch him.

Hoseok slowly removed his hands from his face to study his surroundings after realizing that he was sitting upright, unharmed.

"What?" Hoseok looked stunned.

Jungkook and Namjoon reached out to help the confused doll off of the cat.

"You're such a baby," Yoongi called from somewhere in the apartment.

The dolls and I gave each other a look while Taehyung's gaze filled with excitement and screamed, "my turn!"

I shook my head at Taehyung with a small laugh, but allowed him to climb onto my hand so that he could sit on my shoulder.

"Anyway," Jin began. "You should eat."

I sighed, walking over to the cabinet to search for a clean bowl. Taehyung clung to the side of my face as I moved, using my hair as extra support.

"Also," Jin continued, his voice reaching a higher pitch as if he just remembered something. "We called in sick for you."

I froze, dropping my bowl onto the ground and making no motion to move out of the way of it clashing against my foot. "You called Sarah?"

Oh no. There are so many ways that could have gone wrong...

"Yeah," Namjoon muttered, shaking his head in disappointment while Hoseok leaned on him for support. "They might have ruined your life for you."

"Who? And how?" My tone darkened.

"It wasn't me!" Jin shouted. "I just called the number. Jimin did all the speaking."

They suddenly paused, watching me with alarm.

"And?" I pressed.

"Uh... nothing." Jimin innocently smiled while Jungkook began to snicker.