29. On Their Feet: Part Two

"This is the worst," I said to him.

Jin spun on his heels to face me—well to look down at me, actually—and glared at me like I personally offended him.

"The others warned me about how hard it is to get you to warm up to dates. C'mon, Y/N. If you keep this up, you're never going to have a boyfriend and you're going to die alone with Kitty and all of her descendants."

Well, shit. That was harsh.

"Wow, okay. That was a little uncalled for."

"Was it, though?"

"I—"

"Don't answer that," Jin cut me off. He waved his hands as if he were trying dismiss whatever thought I had. "If you don't want me to roast you anymore, I suggest you shut up and enjoy the art with me."

"But—but—there isn't really anything to enjoy. It's all just scribbles and paint splatters," I whined.

"You really have no appreciation for art, do you?"

"Uh... What makes you say that?" I quizzed with an innocent, sarcastic smile.

"The fact that you're looking at the greatest piece of artwork, my face, and you haven't shown appreciation for it at least once in your life."

"That isn't true," I argued, wracking my brain for backup evidence.

The only time I could remember actively appreciating Jin's face was when I had first received all seven of my boys in their cardboard box, along with a plastic coating that separated them from me.

"Yeah?" Jin raised an eyebrow, taking a step closer to me.

"Yeah."

"Then prove it to me."

I strained my neck to look up at Jin without backing up. A smile broke out across his lips and eyes as I did so.

"You really are short, aren't you?"

I smirked at him, taking his hand in mine so we could continue walking by the artwork. "Thank you for taking the time to admire the perfect, petite little sculpture that I am."

He squeezed my hand in his. "If we're both pieces of art, then maybe we were crafted for each other."

I laughed, shaking my head. "C'mon, cheese head. Let's finish so we can go get coffee."

♡ ♡ ♡

To say that Taehyung was excited was an understatement.

"Woah!" Taehyung exclaimed, the light from all the different games dancing in his eyes.

Fascinated, Taehyung's gaze traced the entire building, from the prizes to the games to the cluster of people crowding the inside.

He originally wanted to go for a walk, but the more I watched the amazement conquer his features, the more I knew that taking him to an arcade instead was the best idea.

Go Y/N.

We walked further inside the building and stopped again so that he could look around.

"This is so cool!" He shouted with a clap.

A mom holding her kid's hand steered in a direction away from Taehyung. She cast a glare at Taehyung, which I reflected back at her before she scoffed and disappeared into the people.

"What do you want to do first?" I asked him. "Do you want to get food or—Taehyung?"

I spun around, frantically searching for the ex-doll who disappeared from my side. The image of him wandering alone, scared and confused, frightened me. Especially since it wasn't the first time it happened.