21. Newfound Passions

After giving the dolls their instruments, I was surprised to learn that they had a natural stage presence.

Hoseok found that his body could move fluidly in unique motions, Namjoon and Yoongi found that they could connect well with rap music, Jimin and Jungkook found hidden vocal talents, and Jin found that his voice "is as handsome" as his face.

Meanwhile, Taehyung continued to teach himself nursery rhymes when I wasn't paying attention.

But anyway, the dolls were so excited that they wanted to put on a performance for me, so they kicked me out of the living room while they spent days preparing.

I didn't tell them, but It was a nice excuse to get time to myself. I managed to get several wattpad updates done, I started a freelance job to make some extra money on top of my other two jobs, and I indulged myself in research.

The research involved everything and anything that could possibly relate to the suspicious man, the dolls, or my father. My room had turned into some kind of research layer as I pinned articles and pictures all over my walls and marked them up with pens.

On the other hand, the dolls' preparations gave them something worth investing their time in since they were always bored from being locked up in my apartment all day.

They were still mad at me, but I knew I had good reason for keeping them hidden.

"Y/N?" Jungkook whispered as he cracked my bedroom door open. Kitty's head shot up at the sudden noise. Realizing it was only Jungkook, she rested her head back down on my lap and returned to sleep.

"Hey, Jungkook. What's up? How's everything going?"

The doll blushed. It was so cute that I could feel my heart melting a little bit.

"We're ready for you."

"When you're ready come and get it!" I heard Jimin scream at the top of his little lungs.

I shook my head with a smile. I told Jungkook, "I'll be there in a minute. Just let me wrap this up."

Jungkook cutely nodded before pulling the door back to the position it was in before he entered. I threaded my fingers through Kitty's fur as I sat back in thought, staring at my computer screen and the multiple tabs I had pulled up.

I finished the end of an email to someone who knew my father, pressed send, and then closed my laptop. Taking my glasses off my face, I used the edge of my shirt to clear the smudges on my lenses and then fixed them back on my face.

When I entered the living room, they had the coffee table set up as their stage and their instruments were scattered about. Yoongi sat at the cute little piano while Jungkook sat nearby with a guitar in his arms. Hoseok sat at the drumset.

Namjoon and Jin stood next to the same microphone stand while Taehyung and Jimin held their own.

They counted themselves, then jumped right into some pop rock song.

It was beautiful.

I watched as the dolls lost themselves in the music and their instruments. Their voices together had so much strength and range that it brought tears to my eyes. And by the end, they set their instruments aside and synchronized their bodies in a dance that I'd never seen before. They used their own voices to keep the beat to their choreography.

"That was amazing," I complimented in awe.

They all bowed before smiling widely.

"Can I do mine now?" Taehyung jumped up and down in excitement.

I tilted my head in suspicion. "Yes?"

Taehyung excitedly dashed to the center of the coffee table before loudly clearing his throat. Next thing I knew, he was clapping his hands together and the others were groaning before he sang a single word.

"Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo!"