13. Bath Time

Water.

Water was something that sent my cat desperately running across my apartment in the mission to escape her impending fate. If I tried to get her out of her hiding spot, her claws came out like sprouts of death.

Water was also something needed for survival. Water was something needed to stay hydrated, even for my fluffy-hater-of-water.

But for my seven breathing dolls, water was a whole new story.

"You honestly expect me to believe that you can speak two languages and somehow know how most of the world works despite being days old, but you don't know how to take a bath?" I screeched, irritated and slightly embarrassed.

All seven of the miniature, perfectly-sculpted boys stared down at my kitchen sink that I had filled with enough water for them to not drown in. The bubbles formed by the soap I had added floated in the air like snowflakes. Taehyung swatted at them, fascinated like a young child.

"We've never done this before," Namjoon said, face flushing with heat. "I don't know how you'd expect us to know."

"Does it hurt?" Jungkook asked, watching Taehyung as he somehow managed to get soap in his hair despite the fact none of them even touched the water.

"No, stupid," Yoongi grumbled.

"Where's the cat?" Hoseok randomly quizzed, not even paying attention to the crisis.

"Kitty hates water," I answered, pushing my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. "And you guys are supposed to know how to deal with this yourselves so that I don't have to help."

"Well, we don't. So I suppose you do have to help us," Jimin smirked.

I debated for a second, then shrugged with an evil smile begging to play on the edges of my lips. "I guess you guys are going to have to smell like stale coffee and dirty socks for the rest of your lives. I'm out."

"No," Taehyung protested with a whine. "Help us. Especially Jin, because he smells awful."

"Boi," Jin said with a sharp intake of air. "Make a comment about my smell one more time."

"You stink," Yoongi changed his tone to imitate Taehyung's from behind him. Furious, Jin shoved Taehyung, knocking him off balance and causing him to fall toward the water before either of the closest dolls, Namjoon or Hoseok, could catch him.

Taehyung screamed the entire way down.

Meanwhile, the others shouted at me to save their fallen friend. With the exception of Jin, the culprit.

Then there was me, who observed the entire thing. I watched as their jaws dropped and eyes widened. I saw how Jin didn't care about what happened to Taehyung in the midst of his rage. It didn't take long for the sequence of events to send me spiraling into fits of laughter.

The others equally divided their attention between me and the water where Taehyung landed with the same expressions frozen on their faces.

"You guys are ridiculous," I squeaked, struggling for a breath as I continued to laugh. My stomach was starting to hurt as a plea for mercy. "The very first time you saw Kitty, you offered him as a sacrifice. Now you're scared that you'll lose him to a little bit of water."

"Y/N, he can't swim!" Namjoon exclaimed.

I loudly snorted before laughing again. Namjoon's expression twisted into irritation as he watched me, a mirror of Hoseok's expression.

"I made sure the water would only hit at your waists," I said between gasps for breath. "He doesn't even need to swim."

"Then why is he face-down and not breathing?" Yoongi asked, calmly.