31. Comfort & Security

I was sweating.

Why is it so hot? And why does my chest feel so heavy? I'm part of the itty-bitty-titty-committee so I know my boobs don't weigh a lot...

It was so dark in my room that I struggled to locate my bedside lamp. The heavyweight on my chest only made the journey more difficult.

Once I managed to reach the lamp, light burst into my room, allowing my eyes to comprehend what was going on with me.

There was a body laying between my legs, his head resting in the crook of my neck with his arms tucked at my sides.

"Jungkook," I gasped. "I can't breathe."

"Mmmm," he groaned, eyes peeling open into thin slits before immediately shutting in regret. "Shut up. Sleep."

"Excuse me?"

"I said shut up. I'm trying to sleep."

"Well, sir, I'm trying to breathe! Get. Off. Of. Me."

No matter how much I squirmed or used all my strength to push him off of me, it was useless. Jungkook was a tank and wouldn't budge despite the number of times I resorted to punching him.

Instead, Jungkook's arms fully wrapped around my body, tightening his grip until it felt like we were being fused into one body.

"Namjoon!" I finally called out. "Get him off of me!"

Jungkook mumbled in protest, "Namjoon moved out."

"Hey Siri, call Nam—"

"You never got them phones."

"Tae—"

"He's at his date's place tonight."

I groaned in defeat, finally screaming for my last resort as I flailed my arms around from underneath Jungkook's body. "Yoongi! Yoongi! Help me!"

A chuckle rumbled through Jungkook's chest, buzzing against mine as he fully regained consciousness. "We both know that Yoongi wouldn't save you even if you were dying."

Moments later, my door flung open to reveal the sleepy, minty-haired man clinging to a baseball bat as he inched forward into the bedroom.

"Jungkook?" He yawned with a squint, lowering his weapon. "Why are you in her room? Get off of her."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) HA. Take that, Jungkook.

"What were you saying about Yoongi, Jungkook?" I quizzed, not even bothering to try to hide the smugness in my voice.

Jungkook huffed, finally relenting and rolled off of my body until he thudded against the floor, earning an obnoxious hiss from Kitty.

Thankful for Yoongi's rescue, I rushed out of my bed and flew toward Yoongi, who dropped the baseball bat in the process to catch me after watching me trip over Jungkook's body.

I stared into his eyes while he helped me balance back on my feet, a wide smile captivating my lips while an expression I'd never seen on Yoongi filled his eyes.

"You can't help falling for me, can you?" Yoongi joked, which made Jungkook scoff from his spot on the floor.

"You saved me," I giggled. "He almost killed me."

"Don't get too excited, Y/N. I couldn't bear the thought of losing the only thing that keeps me fed and puts a roof over my head without me putting in any work," Yoongi countered, the soft expression fading from his face.

I rolled my eyes. "Just admit it. You love me."

"I—" Yoongi began.

"Why was it such a big deal that I was in your bed, Y/N?" Jungkook demanded, cutting off Yoongi's thought process in an almost desperate attempt to change the topic. Jungkook lifted himself off the floor to take a big step toward me. "You've let us sleep with you before, so why is it suddenly not okay?"

"Oh, um..." I trailed off, unsure of how to answer him. Yoongi and I exchanged glances in reaction to Jungkook's sudden change of mood.

"It's just weird," I decided. I avoided his gaze as I answered.

"It's weird? How is it weird?" Jungkook pressed, his tone darkening.

What was up with him? I'd never seen him switch into such a foul mood before.

"It isn't necessarily appropriate?" I squeaked, suddenly intimidated by the boy who was taller than both Yoongi and me.

"Why isn't it—"

"We're not together Jungkook!" I finally snapped. "I need my space and you keep acting like you're entitled to me in a way that you aren't."

That took him aback, his wide brown eyes filling with hurt.

A combination of regret and guilt instantly flooded into my chest and stomach. I didn't mean to snap at him, and I knew I'd do anything to banish that expression from his face and never see it again.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—" I reached out to touch him, but he took a step back and shrugged me away.

"No, I get it. You're right. I'm sorry." He brushed past me and Yoongi, pausing in the doorway to face us one more time. "I'll move into the guys' place tomorrow."

And then he was gone.

I moved to follow him, but Yoongi caught my arm and halted my path.

"Just give him time. We're still adjusting to being human and we're just sensitive. He'll be okay—Y/N? Hey, are you alright?"

He turned me toward him to stare into my eyes once again. But I could barely see him through my blurred vision from the moisture leaking from my eyes.

"Hey," he comforted, his voice soft as he folded me into his arms, surprising me. "He's going to be okay. We all are."

I didn't remember how long we stayed like that. But I did remember how much I appreciated Yoongi comforting me while I cried, enjoying the caring side of him that I'd probably never witness again.