one.

.
     .
.
             .
     .
.
                                          one.

"The Big Dipper is the one everyone knows, Perrie! C'mon, step up your game a little. At least know something like Canis Major."

Perrie looked at the brunette with so much confusion it felt like her brain was melting in slow motion. "I don't know what the hell a Canis Major is, Jade."

The brunette's eyes beamed at the blonde as she got excited that she could teach someone what the constellation's story was. Perrie fell in love with those eyes again. "It's one of Orion's hunting dogs! It has one of the brightest stars in it."

Perrie had an idea of saying a really gross and cheesy and say she's her brightest star but decided against it. The girl obviously didn't feel the same way as her, or at least they never discussed that. They've been best friends since the first day of college and Perrie has had the biggest crush on her. All of their flat mates know — not because Perrie told them, but because they can see the way she looks at her. Jade was too in love with her constellations that she didn't see the difference in Perrie's eyes when she looks at her and when she looks at anyone else.

"Anyways, we should head inside. It's very cold," Jade muttered under her breath which caused a smoke-like puff come out of her mouth, indicating it was definitely cold. They were outside at almost midnight in fall.

Perrie nodded her head and wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulders. "Aw, you're freezing, bubba!" She rubbed the girl's shoulder and pouted at her as they began to walk to the front door. She looked up to see Louis staring outside of the window inside of the flat, his smile becoming a smirk as he saw her arm wrapped around Jade. She shook her head and motioned him to leave, her face contorted into an angry expression. Jade was too busy being cold and staring at the ground to witness the exchange. Perrie gave Louis a glare as he was laughing so hard as he walked away from the window.

They walked inside and Jade said a small goodnight to Perrie before walking up the stairs. Her tiny feet made the softest noise that made Perrie's heart flutter. "Goodnight!" she said a bit too excitedly and loud. She shook her head as she got disappointed in herself and slapped her forehead when she thought no one was there.

"What a loser," Louis' voice filled the silence which made the blonde jump and coward over a bit. She looked at him with annoyance and pushed him a little bit. "What was that arm around the shoulder move? Did you tell her you have a dirty crush on her yet?"

She squinted at him and shook her head. "Dirty? Why's it got to be dirty?" she scoffed. She ran her fingers through her hair and felt all of the condensation from the air on each strand. She knew that meant her hair would be a frizzy mess in the morning. Great.

He laughed at her and shoved her shoulder gently and playfully. "You know what I mean," he said as he walked into the kitchen, Perrie following close behind. "But have you told her? It's quite surprising that you're going to have to. She should just look at how your eyes go big and disgusting as she enters the room and how you stumble on your words the moment she looks at you."

She didn't appreciate the read she was getting from him so she shoved him again which just made him laugh some more. "I don't deserve this bullying you give me," she scoffed out as she opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. "But, no I haven't. There's no point, Louis. What if she's straight? She's never told us anything about her past relationships. She could be a full heterosexual and I could be wasting my time."

He grabbed a cup and poured some water from the jug on the counter, looking over at her and squinting. "Her? Straight?" He let out a laugh and shook his head. "You're so funny. You know, you've always been the joker out of all of us in this house."