thirteen.

.
     .
.

girl crush - little big town (imagine it gay)
             .
     .
.
                                  thirteen.
LATER AT 9:33 PM

Going down the stairs, the faint sound of an old cartoon played in the living room, which was only lit up with the television screen. Perrie walked down the steps softly, turning the corner gracefully to check who could be watching cartoons at this time, automatically assuming it's Louis and Harry. To her surprise, a small Jade was rolled up in a blanket burrito with tea cradled in her tiny hands, sitting on the couch with her eyes glued to the screen.

This was seen as an opportunity for Perrie, maybe she could ask more questions about her 'relationship' with Liam and how it's actually going. She has always seen them kissing before going to class and talking to each other with very little space between each other, but she wondered if there was something else none of them were showing off, or rather she secretly hoped.

She made her way to the living room, the sound of the creaky floor giving her away as the small girl looked up from the screen. A big grin formed on her supple lips, a sight that Perrie could never get tired of. "Hey, dumpling," she said softly before sitting beside her on the couch. The show on the television was SpongeBob. "What are you doing all alone watching Mr. Krabs go on a date with Ms. Puff?"

Jade glanced at the screen to see that it is in fact the episode where Mr. Krabs is desperately getting Ms. Puff whatever she wants on their date together. She let out a small huff of a laugh before looking back at the blonde. "Liam's out studying with his group for biology, so I wasn't sure what else to do."

Perrie pursed her lips as she thought about how Jade would've gone up to her room before and ask her to see the stars again, but now that Liam has made his way into the picture, it seems that her world isn't revolving around her anymore. "Ah, I see," she mumbled. "We could always stargaze like we always do."

The smaller girl nodded her head but didn't seem too excited about the idea. "I didn't feel like going outside tonight," she said softly before looking back at the SpongeBob episode playing on the TV.

Perrie knew that something was different and it wasn't because of her; something must've been spiraling in Jade's mind enough for her to not even want to see the stars. She just didn't know how to ask her. Jade was one of her best friends, her closest besides Louis, but it felt like she didn't know how to have her open up to her. Jade never spoke about her feelings, it was like she was afraid to, and Perrie knew that.

After a moment of silence, Perrie cleared her throat, "How's things with you and Liam?"

The silence prolonged after the question drifted into the air as Jade's face altered to an expression Perrie couldn't read. "Okay," she finally said. She faced the girl and tilted her head, chewing softly on her bottom lip like she was nervous to speak about it. "He just isn't...as touchy as he was in the beginning of this. He used to kiss me a lot, but now it's only before class or before bed." Perrie pretended that didn't bother her at all, nope, not at all. "And now he's always going to the library to study. I admire that he's so productive and he's smart, I just wish that he would take more time for me."

Perrie listened intently, no matter how much it also made her feel every emotion possible, and examined the way Jade was looking at her. She seemed genuinely concerned and hurt about how Liam is acting, it almost made Perrie angry with him, but she knew that wasn't right. "He should be spending more time with you if he wants whatever you guys are to work," she agreed.