nine

.

.

.

.

break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - ariana grande

.
     .
.
             .
     .
.
                                        nine.

Time seemed to go by slowly, Perrie felt like each hour felt like ten. Sitting alone in her room, watching random things on the television and even attempting to read the few books she keeps in her room just weren't taking up enough time until the night came. She knew that tonight was one of the biggest parties that the frat on campus was holding and their entire flat was invited, so the excitement to finally go out there and possibly find someone was probably causing time to run a little slower than normal.

After hearing a car rev up in the driveway, she sat up and opened up her window, only to see an excited Jade skip her way to Liam's car. His Honda was new, he bragged about it for days on end until Louis joked about how Honda's were terrible cars. She watched as he opened up the passenger's seat for her and her happily step inside of the car. Just as Liam was walking to the driver's side, she started to shut the blinds, not really caring to see them drive off together.

Not even minutes after, her door swung open and Louis came in the room. Perrie, startled, quickly shut her blinds and jumped in her bed, sitting up and looking at him with wide eyes. "Jesus, Louis, why couldn't you just knock?" she yelled at him, shaking her head as she finally caught her breath.

He noticed instantly what was just going on and shut the door behind him. "Watching them head off too?" he asked before walking over to her window, opening up the blinds again to reveal that Liam's car was long gone. He sighed softly as he shook his head. "Sorry for scaring you, just wanted to see how you were doing. I saw you talked to Liam in the bathroom."

Perrie ran her fingers through her own hair, feeling how dirty it is since she's just been laying on her sheets for the entire day. "He just asked me about Jade," she said nonchalantly, as if she didn't care any longer. "Nothing really."

Louis furrowed his eyebrows and gave her an almost disgusted face. "Don't you try acting all calm with me, Miss Edwards, I know how you feel," he said, shaking his head. "I'm not one of your best friends in this flat for nothing." He took a seat beside her and pat her leg gently once. "Now, are you feeling any better? Even after that show."

She knew that he could see through her, possibly more than she could herself, so putting on an act wasn't going to be helpful. "Still shit," she said honestly, shrugging her shoulders. "But there's nothing to be done. I'm just going to dress sexy for the party and find me a lady that will want me just as much."