seven.

.
.
.
.
.
.
seven.

same day, 8:00 pm

All of Perrie's flatmates sat around the living room, lights off and television being the only source of light in the room. It was movie night - something they did every Saturday in a way to have the whole group together and bond. Today was Louis' pick of the movie, so of course he picked some terribly made horror movie, which made everyone groan besides Perrie, who also loves those. The movie turned on and the group sat around on the seats that they have. Perrie, Jade, and Jesy on the couch, Louis and Harry on the loveseat, and Liam and Leigh-Anne sat on the floor. Liam sat directly in front of Jade on the couch, who was sat right beside Perrie, who was giving Liam a glaring stare as he sat down. She knew that she shouldn't be jealous - Jade doesn't like her that way, she's not even hers. But she still felt in sting in her chest.

Louis and Perrie made jokes throughout the movie, making the horror part of the movie seem silly to the rest of them, even Jade was feeling calmer when she's someone that's terrified of most horror films. She hid her face into Perrie's shoulder once in a while, saying it was her way to look away from the scary parts. It made Perrie's heart jump each time.

"Oh shit," Liam said all of a sudden, making all of their heads turn to him and Louis to groan about how he's being loud. Liam rolled his eyes playfully and slapped Louis's leg. "I just remembered I have homework due in the morning. My english professor's annoying. So I gotta go."

A few 'no, don't go's later and Liam still left, walking away into the darkness that was the hallway before the staircase. Louis made a small joke about him being a nerd which made all of them laugh.

"I feel bad," Jade mumbled softly, leaning her head closer to Perrie.

Perrie looked over at her in confusion as her own laughter finally died off. "Why, petal?" she asked, her breath hitching in her throat as she noticed how close their faces were. Their bodies were squished together because the couch can barely fit three, but her, Jade and Jesy all squeezed in, which caused their faces to be only inches apart. The television lit up half of Jade's face, her brown eyes seeming to be a bit brighter under the colorful light.

"He's a nice guy and Louis always makes fun of him," Jade whispered now, noticing how the group had quieted down and are now focusing on the movie. "I know he does it to everyone, including you, but sometimes it seems rude."

Perrie looked at her confused - Jade's never found a problem with Louis' teasing before, she's even encouraged it a few times by joining in with him. This sudden guilt she was feeling must've been brought up from something. Maybe Louis struck a nerve one day and the rest of them just hadn't noticed. "It's all jokes, he doesn't mean it literally," Perrie assured her, giving her a small smile.

Jade didn't seem to be convinced for some reason, almost as if she was getting defensive with her opinion. She looked away from Perrie and stared at the screen, watching the movie with the rest of them. Perrie felt her heart sink. Jade has never been cold to her, or even had any negative feelings toward her, so this felt wrong. Perrie didn't know what was making her feel this way especially since Louis has always been the one to joke around with all of them. Maybe she should talk to Louis to see if they had some sort of argument she didn't know about.

She looked over at Louis who was already staring at her from his spot in the loveseat, his eyes furrowed in confusion. Perrie assumed she saw the exchange she just had with Jade. "What was that?" he mouthed to her.

Perrie shrugged her shoulders the best she could without Jade noticing. "She didn't like your joke," she mouthed back, making a confused gesture again to make sure he knows she's not quite sure what happened either.

Before Louis could mouth back a response, Jade began to stand up from her spot. "I'm going to get some more snacks," she stated before walking out of the room and into the hallway. The rest of the group looked confused, noticing how cold she was acting from just that little moment.

"What's wrong with her?" Harry asked quietly which resulted in everyone looking at Perrie, them knowing that she would know more than anyone else.

"She got upset over my joke about Liam," Louis said instead, making all of their heads turn to him now. "Or at least that's what Perrie said."

All eyes were back on her, making her breathe heavily, still not exactly knowing what made Jade so cold. "She told me that she thought Louis' joke was mean and that all of his jokes are, or something like that," she replied quietly, not wanting Jade to hear and think they're gossiping about her. "Then I told her they're just for fun, she got upset and stopped talking to me."

Everyone furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, all of them knowing this was out of Jade's character. "She usually laughs when we tease each other," Jesy pointed out, the rest of them agreeing.

A few minutes pass and Jade didn't return, making the all of them look even more confused. "Hey, Perrie," Harry said to cancel out the silence the group was giving. "why don't you go check on her? I think she'd trust you more."

All of them agreed, especially Louis, who was giving her those 'get 'em, tiger' eyes that Perrie hates. She let out a sigh as she knew that if she declined, they would just end up pressuring her and saying it's a chance for her, so she got up.

She headed into the hallway, the darkness consuming her since it was now 9:30pm and the sun was gone, the moon replacing it and the window's in the hallway covered halfway with blinds. She was getting nervous as each step lead her closer to the kitchen. A part of her is hoping this is an opportunity, a time to confess her feelings and to see if the coldness she was giving off was because of her - possibly because she liked her back.

But she didn't want to be filled with false hope again, so she started to calm herself down, looking down the hallway with intent. She turned the corner slowly, peaking her head into the kitchen to see if she was there, but her heart stopped instead as she saw a different sight.

Jade was pressed up against the counter, her hand gripping against the granite so tight that her knuckles turned a lighter shade. Liam had his hands on her waist, moving around them like he was able, his lips were on hers. The kiss was deep, passionate, as if they've been waiting to do this for hours. The hunger in their body language was making Perrie's heart ache even more, now knowing that Jade must've had been thinking of kissing Liam all day while she's been thinking of kissing her all day. She stood there for a while, just staring, watching how their lips moved in sync, Jade's hands now roaming around his body with so much want that it drove Perrie's mind insane.

Perrie finally backed away, making sure to not make a sound so they wouldn't hear her. She made her way back to the living room, ignoring the questions she was getting from the group of friend's. They instantly stopped when they saw how pale she was, how her eyes seemed glassy from tears. She sat back down and paid attention to the film, her heart slowly breaking into a million pieces.

...
sorry.