twenty.

.
.
.

clean - taylor swift
.
.
.

nineteen.

MONDAY MORNING

A whole day had passed and Liam was already packing. One of his friends had an opening in their house and suggested that instead of finding his own place, he should stay there with him and his housemates. And Liam took the offer.

He loaded all of his stuff on a UHAUL leaving his room completely empty besides the furniture that came with the house. It felt kind of surreal to Perrie – Liam was still a friend of everyone in this house ever since the beginning of the semester, but now he's leaving them because of an unforgettable mistake. She stood in the front with everyone else as they watched him place the last box in the back of the truck. The tension was still heavy and anger was definitely still the most felt emotion in all of them. Jesy was pissed the most which is why she's sat all the way at the porch, watching from a far so she doesn't make this a physical altercation.

He dusted off his hands as he turned to look at his once housemates. Jade stood in the center of the group, her eyes still empty when she looked at him. Perrie watched as they gazed at each other's eyes and she saw how Jade's shoulders shook ever-so-slightly as she breathed out. "Well, guess this is when I say goodbye," he said softly.

"Goodbye," Louis blurted out, waving at him in a petty manner.

Harry nudged him gently as he shook his head. "Stop," he hissed at him before looking back at Liam. "I hope you have a good rest of your college life, Liam. I will keep in contact and see how you're doing," he told the boy. It was clear to everyone that Harry would be the only reasonable one here, as no one else spoke up after he did and just stared at them.

"Thanks, mate," Liam replied, giving him a small smile. He made his way to him to give him a half-hug, patting his back a few times before turning to face Louis. When the boy just blinks at him, he moved away, clearly not wanting to deal with all of this bad blood before leaving.

And that's when he faced Jade. Her eyes were puffy, hair was up in a messy bun from last night, and the bottom of her pajama pants were stuck around her knee. To say the least: she looked like a mess. Liam looked like he knew that it was because of him, so Perrie knew to spare him of the words she wished to say. "I'm sorry," he finally said to her. Her facial expression twisted for a moment. "I know that won't mean much right now but I am sorry for – all of this."

"Say it," Jade croaked out, her morning voice still in full
force. "I want to hear you say sorry for exactly what you've done."

He cleared his throat and took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry for cheating on you with Alison," he said. "And I'm sorry for lying about it."

Jade looked pleased, nodding her head slowly. She rubbed against her nose a bit as she sniffled. "Apology not accepted," she said softly, which made Louis snicker beside her. "Yet." She stood a bit more straight as she looked up at him. "I just hope that you know that you've made a mess."

Liam nodded his head, deciding to not respond out loud since it probably would mean nothing to any of them. He walked over to say bye to Leigh, before making his way to Perrie. The look in his eyes said that he knew she wasn't going to say a word to him, yet his body still inched closer to her. "Bye, Perrie," he said softly as he put his hand out in front of him, waiting for her to shake it.