eighteen.

.
     .
.

ribs - lorde
             .
     .
.

eighteen.

The moonlight lit up the front yard like a spotlight as the trees swayed with the wind blowing from above. Jade was standing in the middle of the yard, her feet kicking rocks as they stood before her. Her skin was illuminated by the moon's glare, her soft caramel skin looking beautiful as ever. It smelt like fresh air and grass as Perrie made her way off of the porch and onto the green yard. The midnight air breezed through her hair as Jade was now in front of her, the feeling of nervousness filling her chest just from the sight of her.

Jade faced her, her skin still glowing and eyes now shining directly into hers. Her lips curved into a smile before her hand reached out to Perrie's, their fingers touching so softly as if they would break. Fingers brushed over Perrie's pale arm, making her breath in sharply. "What are you doing?" she asked.

The brunette grinned as her hand was now at the back of Perrie's neck, her fingertips tapping along her skin. She didn't respond with words, she just leaned her head in quickly and connected their lips together. Perrie froze for a moment before kissing back, their lips moving in sync. They stood like that for a while, lips together and hands wandering around bodies. It feels real, Perrie thought, it has to be real.

As they pulled apart, Perrie opened her eyes, but she didn't see Jade. She didn't see the yard anymore. All she saw was darkness besides a light at the end of a tunnel, which seemed to be imitating the hallway in their house that lead to the kitchen. She made her way down the hall to discover the same sight she had seen just a few days ago. Jade pressed up against the counter with Liam's mouth on hers and hands moving around her body. But this time they stopped and looked at her. "I knew it," Liam said, his voice booming throughout the room as if he had a microphone to his mouth. "You have a crush on her."

Jade's expression was shocked, almost mortified. "You like me?" she asked, her voice louder than Liam's, forcing Perrie to cover her ears. "You're just my best friend." Just as she was going to defend herself, the couple began to laugh out loud, the sound deafening. It made Perrie's heart pound in her chest. The couple didn't look the same anymore – their eyes being replaced with holes and mouths bigger than their faces as they laughed at her.

"Stop, stop," Perrie begged consistently before she ran off into the hall, but it just went into darkness and she could still hear them.

Just as she thought she was waking up, she opened up her eyes, hoping to see her dark bedroom, but instead sees Liam and Alison in the corner of a dark room. Their lips were moving in sync, his hands were all over her. She opened her mouth to shout again for it all to stop before Jade appeared beside them, screaming at him for cheating on her. Then she looked over at Perrie, her face wet with tears. "Why didn't you tell me?" she shouted, her voice echoing through the empty room. Her face contorted in ways that made Perrie's heart beat faster, her eyes were big and so was her mouth as she shouted at Perrie.

She then felt her body shake awake, sitting up right away and looking around frantically. It was all a dream. She sat in her bed, breathing heavily before realizing a person crouched beside her bedside.

Jade's worried eyes pierced into hers and for a moment, Perrie was terrified, remembering the events of the dream she just had. "Hey, hey," she breathed out softly, trying to calm the blonde down. "It's me, you're okay. I think you were having a nightmare - you kept screaming stop, so I came to make sure you were okay."