fourteen.

.
     .
.

six - sleeping at last
             .
     .
.
                                 fourteen.

NEXT DAY (tuesday) AT 6:34PM

The whole house was sat in the living room: Perrie on the floor with Jesy and Leigh as Harry and Louis sat on the couch. The television played some terribly rated horror movie as Louis cracked stupid jokes throughout the whole thing, making it a fun time to make fun of the movie that was obviously badly made. Liam and Jade were no where to be seen the whole day, and Perrie didn't want to think about it, but it was all that she could see in her mind whenever it was silent.

Her mind has been doing laps over the thought that Jade was finally with Liam, and she was calling him her boyfriend. She didn't think this would be the way things would end up; she believed that maybe Jade would just never find out or that they'd actually have a chance. She never thought that Liam had a role in this messy play.

Just as a girl screams before being stabbed in the back of her in the movie, Liam's head peered through the doorway along with Jade nearing behind. His arm was wrapped firmly over her shoulders; his hand gripped onto arm. All of them looked up at them, seeing the big, goofy grins on their faces.

"There you guys are," Jesy exclaimed, letting out a huff of a laugh. "You've been missing out on Louis' brilliant jokes." She rolled her eyes, making Louis let out a loud laugh in response.

Liam chuckled, "I bet I've missed a bunch." He then cleared his throat. "But there's been some changes happening, and we have something we have to share with all of you."

Perrie knew what it was, and so did Jesy, but it seems the others genuinely didn't. Perrie could feel Jesy's eyes burying holes into her face, but she stared at Liam like her life depended on it, ignoring the sinking feeling in her stomach.

"Me and Jade are officially together!" he finally exclaimed. Jade's eyes beamed with happiness, a look that Perrie only saw when she looked at the stars. Her insides felt like they were melting, she was praying it didn't show in her face.

All of the housemates had shocked faces plastered on, staring at the two in front of them. It was a shock, definitely. Liam was different than Jade, and the differences were obvious. Of course Liam might've been a smart, know-it-all just like Jade, but everyone knew he was a bit of a player when it came to love. Jade was a hopeless romantic; it was one of the only traits Perrie figured out. She talked of fairytales and how the stars would align in a certain way if the love was right. Everyone knew this was something that no one expected to happen; especially get this serious.

Eyes kept flying to Perrie, but she didn't want to have the reaction everyone thought she would. It would be wrong. So she gave a big smile, as big as she could manage. The rest of the housemates cheered, congratulating them on finally being an official couple. Leigh joked about how Louis and Harry will finally not be the only couple in the house, and Perrie's smile twitched.

Liam went on to talk about how happy he is that Jade is finally his, but Perrie was tuning out. She could only handle so much Liam and Jade at once, and this whole situation was putting it all into reality for the first time. She looked at Jade as she tuned out Liam's voice as much as she could, noticing the genuine happiness on her mouth and in her eyes. She knew that this crush that she has, this hopeless romantic shit that she's been on ever since she's laid her eyes on Jade, all of what's happened in the span of a few months prior to this wasn't worth ruining the happiness that Jade is feeling. She had to move on, forget about her feelings. But, God, did it hurt.