Four

This is for jihoon_hyuri

Thank you for being the first supporter of this storeh~  (●^д^●)

♢°•.•°•.•°⭐°•.•°•.•°♢

"Do you have the amulet with you?" Vernon asked as Yoru walked out the house together.

"Yeah..." She took the necklace out, making it visible for the both of them. She wore it, so they could keep a keen eye on it. 

"Good." Vernon sighed in relief.

"Where should we go?" Vernon asked the girl beside him, anticipating for her answer.

"Hmmm, do you want to go buy clothes?" Yoru asked

"I'm a genie Yoru, I can just poof my clothes on..." Hansol chuckled

"Oh..." Yoru blushed in embarrassment

"You're cute." Vernon chuckled and pinched the eighteen year old girl's cheek

"Ani~" Yoru said while she slightly laughed, eyes turning into slight crescents

Hansol looked at her, like in a trance. It seems like her laugh was so unique yet addicting, he never heard that kind of laugh for years. It surprised him, was a girl's laugh this beautiful? 

"I-Is there something on my face?"

Vernon snapped out and blushed, making it visible since he has a pale skin color. He looked away, attempting to hide his flustered face.

"You're shy again..." Yoru smiled, showing her rare canines.

'She looks like Mingyu...'

"And you're staring again..."

"S-Sorry..." Vernon avoided her gaze, totally embarrassed. 

'Get a grip on yourself dude...' he spoke in his mind

"Oh look, a beach..." Vernon said, changing the topic

Yoru looked at where Vernon meant, her eyes glimmering once she really did see a beach.

"There's ducks around, come on!" Yoru unconsciously ran towards the sea when she saw the flapping ducks

'She acts like him too.'

Vernon followed the jumpy girl to the shore, seeing her follow the mother duck. It amused him, she was such a matured looking girl yet she was following a duck around like a chils, not that he was complaining though.

"Hansol, something's wrong with her...." Yoru's eyes scanned the flailing mother duck.

"Maybe because she can't find her ducklings?" The genie replied, guessing.

"Then let's go find them!" Yoru grabbed Vernon's hand unconsciously and dragged him everywhere, literally.

"Can you talk to ducks?" Yoru innocently asked, stopping in her tracks.

"Well... I am a genie, you could just wish to be able to talk to animals..." he explained

"I can?" Yoru grinned in delight

Hansol can't help but get distracted of her beautiful smile, how could someone like her be so... fascinating?

"Y-Yeah..." Hansol managed to choke out

"I think I want to make my wish now..." Yoru smiled

'She seriously wants to talk to animals?'

"Okay, say it." Hansol said, readying himself to make the wish.

"I wish for the mother duck to find her baby ducklings...." Yoru proudly said, her bright smile beating the sun.

Hansol's mouth opened, is she serious?

"W-What?" Hansol asked in pure confusion and shock.

"You heard right!" She grinned

'I suddenly want her to wish for animal communication...'

"Really? You don't want to talk to animals? Telepathy? Teleportation?" Vernon asked, derping

"That would be nice but..." She looked back at the crying mother duck

"It hurts being alone..."

Hansol stopped by her words, shocked and intrigued. How can someone so cheerful quote something so sad?

Hansol smiled, he appreciated her sympathy. He appreciated how caring she is no matter what the person—or what thing it may be. This girl was really something else.

And Vernon smiled at the girl...

"Your wish, will be granted...."

♢°•.•°•.•°⭐°•.•°•.•°♢

Yoru and Vernon walked back to her house late in the afternoon, both in comfortable silence.

"Why didn't you let me go back to the amulet after your wish?" Hansol asked

"I just missed having friends around..." Yoru replied, looking straight

"I know it may sound personal but... what happened?" He carefully picked out his words, afraid to offend the girl

"Typical story like everything else..." Yoru tried to laugh it out, but it came out bitterly

"They earn your trust, your love, your care. And at that moment, you feel loved..." she trailed

Vernon looked at her, even though she was smiling, he knew that was fake.

"Then they suddenly leave..."

"And you realize, that you're actually alone all this time..."

The way Yoru said it, it sounded like it was the saddest thing ever. But her face held a small smile, attempting to brush it off.

But when he looked at her eyes, it told him different story...

He didn't even notice that they arrived, and she opened the door, taking off her shoes.

"I guess Hoseok's not home yet..." She muttered and went straight to her room, Hansol following behind her.

Vernon walked with her quietly, until she reached her door.

"Thanks for today Hansol, means a lot..." she looked up to the smiling boy.

"Anything for you." Hansol unconsciously said, making the girl slightly surprised.

"Thanks." She hugged the genie, making him surprised of her sudden move.

Hansol melted in her hug, and returned the favor. He smelled her sweet wisteria-scented hair, he was addicted by it and he didn't want to let go.

"You can return now..." She smiled as the boy nodded, he broke the hug.

And the smoke engulfed him, leaving Yoru alone in her room smiling...

[EDITED]