Chapter 8 The Plan

Grace

~~~

"You said he wanted me," Logan spat seething. I throw water in his face from the sink to calm him down. Logan grabs a towel and dries himself off.

"Magneto has some sort of metal helmet that keeps me from reading his mind. I didn't know how true intentions till now and even still I don't know why he wants Rogue," dad fills Logan in.

"I do," Ali peers through the door timidly.

"You do what?" I ask.

"I know what Magneto's plan is," Ali says softly.

"How?" was all dad could say.

"I-I can read his mind through the helmet," Ali answers quietly.

"That's not possible," I insist.

"It shouldn't be possible I know but if I concentrate really hard I can do it," Ali explains wringing her hands.

"Whats his plan?" Logan demands.

"Did you just now find this out?" dad asks.

"Yes I wanted to help," Ali says.

"That's fantastic!" I exclaim hugging Ali.

"Whats his plan?" Logan snaps. That's when I hear a loud knock from downstairs.

"Someone new is here," Ali mutters. I waste no time running downstairs Logan on my heels. I carelessly throw open the door and bang Logan's head in the process.

"Hey," Logan grumbles.

"Payback for stabbing me," I reply and shrug.

We both run our attention to the rather sickish looking man in the door. He looks as if he was made of water or glass one touch and he'd crumble.

"I'm looking for Dr Jean Gray," the man gasps very out of breath.

"Uh may I ask who you are?" I query and take his arm and hold him up.

"Senator James Kelly," the man coughs. "I came here because no hospitals would accept me now that im-"

"Like us," Storm finishes and walks up.

"So Senator Kelly we aren't that different after all. Grace, Logan if you would help him please," dad requests from the balcony.

"Sure," I say and nod.

"Okay you grab one arm I'll grab the other," Logan suggests. I nod and we carefully begin to take the senator down to the infirmary.

"Poor guy," I murmur as soon as we set him on a hospital bed.

"Have you heard what he's said about mutants?" Logan asks pointedly.

"Yes but still he might die and no one deserves that," I explain.

"You're so good hearted you look at these people that hate you and show compassion how?"

"Its hard but also easy because I believe in second chances, hope, and optimism."

"You're too good. How can you be on their side? Magneto has the right idea you all of you are too nice for your own good. There is a war coming are you sure your on the right side?" Logan demands harshly. I feel hurt really hurt how could he say that. Logan's expression softens when he sees the pain in my eyes.

"At least I've chosen a side"