Thirteen

CHAD P.O.V.

Tonight was the night. I was going to make love to Erin. I knew she was ready by the way she'd been responding to my touches and she'd admitted she loved me. So I went out of my way to make plans for tonight. I'd rented a room, so that we didn't have to worry about Eric interrupting us. I didn't go for the five star hotel. Instead, I found a cozy little bed and breakfast that I knew Erin would love. She wasn't one to be enamored by expensive things. For Erin, it was more the thought that counted. So I arranged to have dozens of roses and candles delivered to the rustic B&B. I went the cheesy route and ordered chocolate covered strawberries and whipped cream, as well. As experienced as I was, I'd never experimented with whipped cream and I was getting hard just thinking about doing so with Erin

"What's that smile about?" Eric asked, startling me as he joined me in the kitchen.

I shook my head, but I couldn't shake my grin, "I just have a big night planned with my girl."

"When are you going to introduce me to this girl that has you so whipped?"

I was tired of sneaking around and I knew Eric needed to be told. A better man would tell him before he decided to defile his sister. I wasn't a better man, apparently, because I was going to selfishly keep it a secret a little while longer. I didn't want Eric to ruin tonight. So I shrugged and said, "Soon."

"Why the secrecy? Did you fall for a dog and you're embarrassed to be seen with her?" Eric laughed.

I clenched my fists, "No, she's definitely not a dog. I just...it's been nice just getting to know her without the influence of outside forces."

Eric got a faraway look on his face and then nodded and said, "I get it."

I frowned, "Do you? Are you seeing somebody that I don't know about?"

Eric shrugged that off and laughed, "You're crazy."

The way that he didn't answer my question told me that he was lying. I knew Eric better than he knew himself sometimes. I thought about how he'd recently been studying more and wondered if some scholastic, smart chick had caught his eye. I wanted to laugh at that, but that was truly the only explanation about why Eric suddenly gave a damn about his classes. Well, good for him. I hoped it worked out and I prayed he wouldn't do anything stupid to screw it up. Eric needed to find a nice girl to help settle him.

Thoughts of my best friend and his love life, flew far from my mind when Erin stepped into the room. She wore a body hugging black dress and sky-high heels. Her hair had been curled and her makeup was done. I thought she was beautiful in everything she wore, but the effort she put in tonight was totally worth it. I blatantly stared at her, completely forgetting that her brother was in the room, until Eric whistled, "Damn, Erin, this guy must be something special if he's got you looking like that."

Erin smirked, "If that's your backwards way of complimenting me, then thanks, Bro."

Her eyes darted to me and she blushed, dipping her head. I needed to get her alone, stat. Thankfully, Eric said, "Well, since you both seem to have plans tonight. I'm off to find something to do."

"Yep, see you, man." I managed to say and as soon as Eric left the room, I risked getting caught by pulling Erin into my arms and kissing her deeply. She instantly melted against me. A moment later, though, I reluctantly lifted my head and told her, "Let's get going, while Eric is in his room, so he doesn't see us leave together."

Once we were on the way to the restaurant, where I'd made reservations, Erin said, "I feel bad for lying to Eric all of this time. Should we just tell him?"