Chapter 4: The Unwelcome Surpirse

"The missing Princess?" Queen Coral repeated.

"Yes, I mean, I have the royal patterns and this is my first time ever being in the Summer Palace,"  Andromeda said hopefully. The queen watched her for a second then changed her gazed to Andromeda's "mother".

"Who are you?" The queen asked. Andromeda's mother turned to the queen and looked her straight into the eye.

"I am the SeaWing you asked to take your last egg and watch it with great care. I am the SeaWing you ask to make sure your daughter didn't know anything about the surface or the Summer and Deep Palace. I am the SeaWing who is your sister, Atlantic." Atlantic stated calmly. Queen Coral looked pleased.

"Well then, that makes sense. No problem there." She said clapping her talons together.

"What? I don't understand..." Andromeda said faintly.

"I asked this dragon." Queen Coral nodded at Atlantic. "To take your egg and raise it away from my palaces."

"But why?" Andromeda asked with pleading in her voice.

"Because I wanted a daughter who was alive, even if I didn't know her." Queen Coral smiled.

"Well, well, if she's your sister how come she doesn't have the royal pattern?" Andromeda demanded.

"Honey, haven't you heard there was one royal SeaWing without the royal pattern?" Queen Coral said with a small smile. Andromeda's wings drooped. She turned her head to Atlantic and hissed; "No, I haven't heard about that. Because your sister never teaches me anything useful." Atlantic smiled and said in a sly voice;
"Just following the orders that my sister gave me."

Andromeda's view of the Summer Palace was getting fainter and fainter. She turned to her queen and said in one final attempt to make herself wanted; "B-but, what's the point in having a daughter that you would never know?"

"Because darling, someone will have to take the throne one day. But I had Anemone here, so your not needed." Queen Coral said as she patted Anemone's head. "Nice meeting you sweets, now please go back with my sister." She waved them off. Andromeda didn't notice as Atlantic grabbed her wing and started pulling her to the exit. She didn't notice as she zoomed through the tunnel. She didn't notice as she was led into her room and on her seaweed bed. It was over. The dragon who had her egg didn't want her. No one did. She was only here because she might take the throne one day. But even that was unclear. She laid her head down on her seaweed pillow. There's only one thing to do. Andromeda thought. I have to go to the surface.