Prologue

6 years earlier

    Queen Coral stared down her nose at the five eggs. Her eggs. She wouldn't let these die, no sir. They were all going to hatch tomorrow, the brightest night, safe and sound. They were all a deep blue, beautiful. Lights flashed behind her and she turned her head to see Webs swimming in.

    "My queen," his scales said to Coral. "You're needed in the Summer Palace." 

     "What happened?" Queen Coral questioned Webs. 

    "Reports of the NightWing's hidden kingdom." Webs answered Coral. "Our spies say they found it."

    "Can't it wait?" Coral said, turning her head back to her eggs. 

    "Sorry, my queen, but we have NightWings themselves speaking and they say they're going to leave if you don't show up soon." Webs stared at his queen who was holding one of the eggs. 

    "Alright Webs, you stay here and guard my eggs, don't you dare let them be killed!" They SeaWing queen shot him a disgusted look and swam out of the room. Webs was left alone. A smile playing on his face. He looked out the door and saw Coral's tail whip around the corner. He turned his head to the deep blue eggs. Now or never. He thought. He grabbed the biggest egg and quickly swam out the room, clutching it to his chest. He could see the figure of a small dragon tapping on the shell, ready to come out. He held it tighter and burst into the throne room. There were no dragons. Good. He thought. He scrambled to the entrance and burst through the surface, winging back to the SkyWing kingdom. 

    "He WHAT?"  Coral roared at the dragon who brought her the news a little while after Webs had flew away. "Web's left with what?"  

    "Your egg." The dragon said, backing away. "He left with your egg. When he left one of them broken and the dragonet was killed. Three more are remaining." Coral snatched the SeaWing's wing and drew him closer. She spat in his face. 

    "I want you to make sure the dragons who were on guard duty of the hatchery to come here, now!" He nodded and ran away from the throne room of the Summer Palace. Queen Coral smashed her talons on the floor again and again. Webs was a no-good lying squid brain! Not only had he stole one of her eggs, he had lied about the NightWings. Come to think of it, why would the NightWings come to me? 

    An hour later, the green SeaWing came back with three guards. They were pushed in front of the room, facing their queen. 
"Why did you let Webs take my egg?" She snarled. 

   "He knocked us out and shoved us into a different room!" The female spoke up. "It's not our fault!"

    "I don't care whose fault it is!" Coral shouted. She turned her head to the blue SeaWing next to her throne. "You, I want you to take half our army and find Webs, dead or alive, and find my dragonet unharmed." He nodded and fled the room. She was left with the three guards who failed her. "Say something worthwhile and I might spare your life." 

    "We fought back!" The pale blue male next to the female said. "When Webs attacked Tide, I clogged him on the head and Seaweed slashed his face with her talons! We didn't want him to get your eggs!" She snorted. Just what she thought they would say. She yelled for fourteen SeaWings to come and they came running in. 

   "Kill these three at once!" She commanded. 

   "No!" Yelled the SeaWing who hadn't spoken yet. She watched as they tried to fight. The female was killed first her wing was mangled and blood poured from the spot she was stabbed with a spear. The males died at the same time. 

   "Clean this scum from my throne room." She order. "And bring me one of my dragonets from the Deep Palace." They did what they were told and one hour later, her sister, Atlantic was holding her daughter. "Good." She mused. "Her name will be Andromeda and I want you to raise her yourself. Lie about me and tell her you are her mother. Anyone who tells her anything about me, my family, or my palaces are to be brought to me at once." 

   "Why?" Atlantic asked, surprised

    "All in good time," She said, patting the blue dragon on the snout. "You'll know in seven years."