Katie's Monday

Darcy was a little stubborn girl when it came to waking up for school.

She just couldn't do it so early.

She would wait at least 15 minutes before waking up and getting ready.

I don't know how she does it but she does somehow.

When she opened the door I asked her, "Darcy, breakfast?"

She of course declined and wanted to walk.

It was hard for me to say yes, but she is growing up so I told her that she could.

After she left, I walked back upstairs to finish off my makeup:

I put on lip gloss, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and blush.

Just one of my natural looks I wear.

"May, are you ready to go? I've got to get down to the office right away."

"Yeah, I'm ready when you are."

I grabbed the keys to my car and quickly locked up the house.

I took May to school first making me kind of nervous not seeing Darcy.

But I knew she was tough girl and she would be fine.

I hugged May before she got out of the car and waved goodbye to me.

I miss high school.

I had to dropout to practically raise Darcy and May on my own.

It's complicated...

When I got down to the building where I would work at, I began to get nervous.

I quickly pulled out my folder which contained my advice column and questions/answers for my boss.

He's the one that gives it to a really famous newspaper and they put it on their paper.

When I got up to my office, my boss was waiting for me already.

"Great news, Katie."

"Yes?"

"Your advice column is getting us million of hits."

I smiled and said, "Oh, good well I did have some questions answered last night if you wanted to take a look."

I began to pull them out of my purse when he said, "No need, you can keep those for next weeks paper."