Fever Alert

As I opened my eyes in the hospital room, I was looking for my nurse.

"Caitlyn...are you in here?"

I heard from the hallway since the door was open, "Out here be with you in a minute."

I asked her, "Can you please send in May?"

She answered, "Oh your sister? Yeah, she went to school a few hours ago."

I then asked her, "Caitlyn, what time is it?"

She came back in the room grabbing her phone then saying, "It's 9:00"

Panicking, I said to her, "9 a.m? Caitlyn, why did you let me sleep in so early? You know I have work!"

I grabbed my phone as she stopped me and said, "Katie, don't call your boss."

I asked her, "Why?"

"Because your blood pressure is off and you have a fever of 102"

Now that she mentioned my fever, I did get really hot afterwards.

I said, "Well, I'm going to have to shake it off because you don't understand I have to go to work!"

She replied, "Look, I know you're a greaser and your family probably doesn't have a lot of money, but you can't leave this environment...I'm sorry."

I grabbed my phone and said, "Let me just call someone real quick."

Caitlyn sighed finally giving up and leaned back watching me dial the number.

"Um...hello?"

"I knew you would still be home! Get dressed, and you better go to school!"

"Katie? Back off alright. No one woke me up, so I'm taking a sick day just like you."

"The only difference about that statement is that I'm the one who's sick right now not you. You need to be at school."

"Yeah? Well, you need to be at work, unless you don't care about us anymore and only care about yourself."

"You know I love you, Darcy. I hate that you are so selfish that you don't even care about your own sister."

I pressed the red hand up button on my phone and put it back in my purse.

Caitlyn came back in the room and asked, "Everything alright?"

My heart began to pound as I closed my eyes and blacked out completely.

May's POV

When Katie didn't wake up, I decided I should head to school without her.

I was in luck though because on the way there I ran into Ponyboy and Johnny.

Out of luck!

I said, "Hey guys, what's up?"

Ponyboy said, "Just talking about a new movie that came out with Paul Newman in it."

Johnny quietly said, "We might go see it later."

Ponyboy said, "I was planning on seeing it Saturday, but I have to stay home."

Johnny said, "Oh..."

I said, "How about if I go? Katie would probably let me."

Ponyboy said, "Are you sure?"

I nodded and said, "Totally."

Johnny said, "I'm fine with it, man."

I kind of looked away while blushing as we entered in the school entrance.