I'm a Zero

Waking up in the morning felt like hell.

It really did, but I had to get ready for work.

I've missed too many days in the past couple of weeks, and I can't afford another day missed.

I got the girls up out of bed which Darcy wasn't too happy about and in the first of a long time neither was May.

I said, "Okay, eat fast girls I can't be late for work anymore."

I could see out of the corner of my eye Darcy downing her food fast.

I said, "Woah, I didn't mean that fast, Darcy, geez take a breath."

Finally everything was on track.

I got them in the car and right when I was about to step in, I heard my name.

I quickly turned around and saw Darry coming out to me.

I slammed my door shut not on purpose but loud enough for him to hear I was in a rush and turned towards him.

He said out of breath, "Listen, I just wanted to apologize for last night."

I shrugged and said, "Why? You didn't do anything."

He said, "I know but the way Dally acted was just uncalled for...why didn't you ever tell me you had leukemia?"

I slowly opened the car door and said, "Goodbye, Darry."

I stepped in the car, not turning back around, and closed my door again driving off to their school.

On the way there, the car was silent.

May looked out her window and Darcy looked out hers. No words. None. Zero.

I said, "Listen, guys, I'm sorry I walked away from last night. It was immature of me and I apologize for ruining your nights."

May looked over towards me and said, "Well, Katie, my night was just fine. How was yours Darcy?"

I could see from my rear view mirror Darcy gave May a glance of disapproval. What was that about? Then, she put on a fake smile.

She said, "Well after a lovely dinner with my family and friends, everything was just fine."

I nodded my head looking at May and said, "....um Good...that's good girls."

They both stared at each other not keeping there eyes off each other. Almost as if they were being secretive.

When I pulled up to the school and let them out, May didn't even say goodbye to me.

I was wondering what possibly Darcy could've said to her or May say to Darcy. What is going on here?

Darcy's POV

In my mind, everything flipped. My world is going to crash down before me. I am pregnant.

One of the most humiliating things that can happen to the new girl.

Plays with Dallas Winston and gets pregnant and then is marked for life by the people at school for it.

I was lucky May didn't say anything in the car, but I know that she can't keep a secret. Katie will eventually know, and she will leave me forever.