Cancer Free

The Next Day

I was instantly woken up by my phone which was being called.

I groaned while answering it still in bed, "Hello?"

May said to me, "Katie, it's me May!"

I asked still groggy from just waking up a few seconds ago, "May, what is it?"

I could just hear her cheek smile as she said, "It's time."

I hanged up the phone immediately throwing whatever I found on.

I raced down to the hospital as fast as I can and ran right into her room.

But I was too late the two little babies have already been born and plus unexpectedly the whole gang was here.

I looked at them very surprised.

Two nurses came in holding two beautiful babies.

I saw the blue blanket that contained the boy first:

And then the second nurse came in with the other little twin girl wrapped in pink:

I looked at them adoring thinkingAunt Katie I'll have to get use to hearing that from now on

Aunt Katie I'll have to get use to hearing that from now on.

The put the boy on Darcy's chest and then the girl piled on top of him.

It was a beautiful picture:

The nurse that went through the entire birth then asked Darcy, "What are their names

The nurse that went through the entire birth then asked Darcy, "What are their names."

She smiled and both of her babies and said, "Well, this one here is Wyatt Cole Alexander."

She held the blue blanket up showing us she was meaning the boy.

Then she continued, "And this one right here is Camila Rose Alexander."

I smiled at her and asked, "Can I hold one of them?"

She nodded her head handing off Camila Rose and my my was she a beauty.

I kissed her little nose and saw her lips form a tiny smile.

We all got our turns to hold both Wyatt and Camila Alexander.

They were so beautiful.

After a few hours before automatically leaving the hospital, I decided to get my checkup.

They ran short and simple test while taking my blood along the way.

I couldn't stop smiling after seeing Darcy's newborn twins though.

It was amazing.

When we left the hospital, Darcy of course wanted to stay a little longer.

So, we encouraged her to be with her babies but it was getting dark out.

So, all seven of us piled into Darry's car and went to the Curtis house.

We were all bored wanting to play something but not even knowing what.

That's when the phone rang.

Steve was the first one to grab the phone and say, "Yeah she's here."

He looked at me as I got up and walked over to the phone.

I asked, "To whom am I speaking to?"

The nurse on the other line said, "We have just gotten your test results back, Katie, and..."

I was too afraid of what my nurse was going to say next.

But I was just dying to know as she said, "Your leukemia has been 100% passed through which means you, Katie Alexander, have just survived cancer."

I was moved with tears as I dropped the phone which broke.

I began to cry and sob in happiness as I melt down to the ground.

Everyone was worried and asking what was wrong through this whole dramatic scene but once I told them they couldn't stop smiling.

Two-bit suggested we should celebrate, and I totally agreed.

We sat on the couch as we ate chocolate cake while have a Mickey Movie Night.

So after everything, in the end everything turned out better then ever.

I looked up at Darry to see he was enjoying himself and so was I.

He had his arm around me as I had my head on his chest.

This kind of Love was hard to find!

~~The End~~