o n e

"May I be excuse?" I ask standing up from my chair.

"Sure." Both my mother, and Damien, my stepfather, say in unison.

I leave the dining room and go upstairs, wondering if I did good in eating that piece of cake. Maybe I shouldn't have, coach says is not okay to eat sugars on week days, but it's mom's birthday after all.

I enter my room and throw myself in my bed not wanting to finish that English paper that's been laying on top of my desk for three days now.

"Kat?" I hear Christopher's voice from the door and I turn to look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask staring at the ceiling again.

He jumps on my bed and I sigh knowing this meant it was going to be a more than a five minutes talk.

"I need your help." He whispers on my ear.

"What?" I ask annoyed standing up, but he grabs and pulls me back to the bed again. "Don't touch me." I say in disgust and he laughs.

"I'm your older brother, don't talk to me like that." He says mocking me and I hit him with my elbow.

"You're not my brother." I say looking at him.

Even though I hate to admit it, he is extremely handsome, but I'm too stubborn to ever admit that out loud. He may be eighteen and the most attractive guy I've ever encountered, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an asshole.

"Come on Katherine, it's been two months." He says frowning. "I'm your brother now."

"It's been two months since my mother married your father. That doesn't make you my brother."

"But we are family now." He says pushing me.

"Just because our parents are married doesn't mean we suddenly share the same blood. You are not my brother." I repeat for the millionth time since we lived under the same roof.

"Why are you always like this." He mutters looking at the ceiling.

"What do you want?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Do you think Meredith will go out with me if I ask?" He says, and I scoff in disbelief.

"Are you being serious right now?" I ask standing up.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" He says raising his eyebrows.

"You got to be kidding me." I whisper to myself. "How am I supposed to know that Christopher!" I shout punching him in the arm.

"I don't know, you are her friend!" He replies frustrated.

"No, we are not." I assure him. "She's the most self-centered person I've ever met, and just because we had to do an assignment together last week doesn't mean we are friends."

"Whatever, but should I though?" He says smiling. "Ask her out I mean." He says wiggling his eyebrows. "I mean have you seen her body? Would she say yes? She has to, I'm the most popular guy at school." He says talking to himself. "And the captain of the football team."

"Unbelievable." I mutter staring at him. "Get out of my room Chris." I say pushing him off my bed.

"Fine." He sighs standing up.

"Wait." I say grabbing his arm.

"Now that you're here, I need help with something." I say grabbing the lights from the floor.

"Did I hear correctly?" He says putting his hand on his ear.

"Katherine Allard needs my help?" He says smirking.

"You know what, forget it." I say pushing him out of my room.

"I'm joking lil sis." He says entering my room again. "What is it? Do you need dating advice? I know." He says clapping his hand together. "Practice kissing?" He says puckering his lips.

"I'm your sister you disgusting piece of-

"So suddenly I'm your brother now?" He says with a grin.

"God help me." I whisper closing my eyes. "Just help me put these lights there, I can't reach." I say handing him some decorative lights.

"Neither can't I." He says frowning. "I'm six foot tall, not 8'2."

"Once again you have proven to be useless." I say grabbing the lights from his hands. "Like always."

"Wait." He says grabbing my arm. "If I pull you up will you be able to hang them?" He asks seriously.

"I don't know." I say shrugging.

"Come here." He says grabbing my hand and taking me to the wall. "Just know you owe me a favor lil sis." He says smirking.

"You know what, I can get a latter if it's necessary, get out of my room." I say turning around.

"Stop being so stubborn Katherine." He says grabbing me by the waist and pulling me up to the ceiling.

I felt ten feet above from the ground and my stomach felt uneasy. I quickly placed the lights where I wanted them and kick his arm for him to put me down.

"Damn lil sis you sure weight a lot for such a small person." He says laughing.

I stare at him surprised and feel my heart skip a beat. "I'm 5'3, I'm not small." I say hurt by his words.

"Whatever." He says laughing. "Good night Kat." He says leaving my room.

I stare at the door in shock, am I really that heavy? I wonder turning around and looking at myself in the mirror. I mean, I may not have the same body as Meredith and my waist may not be super tiny, but that doesn't mean I'm fat, right?