t h i r t y

"How did it go?" He asks, as I get inside his car.

The last thing I wanted right now was to talk about it. His words were jumping around in my head. When do you get to win? What was that supposed to mean? I won! I got skinny, I proved them wrong.

"Okay I guess." I whisper analyzing what just happened.

"Are you hungry?" He asks with a smile and I roll my eyes. "Too soon?" He asks laughing.

"Asshole." I whisper back, but still laugh for some reason.

We get home and I go to my room, ready to take my uniform off. I really need to do something about it, even my awful attempts to fix my skirt weren't helping anymore, not to mention that my shirt was too big now.

After a quick shower and changing into some sweatpants and a sweater I went downstairs thirsty as hell. I go inside the kitchen and Nate was there, with Christopher. I frown confused and walk to the fridge.

"Hi?" I say confuse standing in front of him, across the island in the middle of the kitchen. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I invited him over." Christopher says answering for him.

I wasn't worried that he told him anything. He wouldn't tell him what happened between us because it will cause too much drama. He isn't that naive, right?

"Is not fair that you get to spend every day at his house and he doesn't get to come to ours." He continues shrugging and I glare at him. "He used to be my friend first, before you stole him from us."

"Us?" I ask not knowing what he meant.

"The football team!" He says rolling his eyes. "He only has time for you after school."

"Are you jealous?" I ask with a smile. The question had another meaning, that Nate didn't know, and I wanted to know the answer to it.

"Yes." He replies through gritted teeth.

"I didn't know you guys loved me that much." Nate laughs breaking the awkward stare between us. "I guess I will hang more with the boys after school." He says shrugging. "If that's okay with you." He asks smiling.

"Whatever." I reply grabbing my water bottle. "I will leave you two alone." I whisper turning around.

"No kiss goodbye?" Nate asks, and I freeze.

"Sure." I say walking to him.

I stand in front of him, Christopher was behind him, staring at me. Nate couldn't see his face, but I could, and it broke my heart. I was planning on only giving him a peck, but he went for more, making Christopher look away.

"See you later." I whisper pulling away.

He kisses my cheek quickly, before I leave, and I look at Chris staring at me, hurt written all over his face. I leave feeling guilty and go to my room. Why did I feel this way? Like I was doing something wrong, like I was cheating on him. I shake the thoughts of my head and jump on my bed, tired and cold.

My conversation with doctor Baize kept bothering throughout the evening, making me feel like I was wrong. Like it was my fault. I didn't do anything wrong, and I won the battle by losing all the weight, so why did he insinuated that I lost.

"Katherine?" I hear my little sister shouting from the door.

"What?" I ask standing up and opening the door.

"Chris and that boy want to know if you're eating with them." She says smiling.

"Eating what?" I ask confused.

"They bought pizza." She says exited and runs down the hall.

I sigh, fuck them. I think grabbing my phone and going down the stairs. Didn't the maids make dinner today? I don't want to eat pizza at all. I haven't had pizza in almost two months.

"Hi again." Says Nate standing up and hugging me from behind.

"Hi." I whisper staring at the two boxes of pizza laying on the island.

Christopher avoids our way and grabs four plates from the cupboard. I take a sit next to Oliva on a stool and watch as he puts a slices of pepperoni pizza on my sister's plate.

"Where are our parents?" I ask not looking at the pizza, feeling anxious now.

"Out." He replies taking a bite of his pizza and putting it back on his plate. "Which one do you want?" He asks me, opening the other one. "Cheese or pepperoni?"

I look at both, feeling disgust and sigh. "Isn't there anything else I can eat?" I whisper look away.

He rolls his eyes, and sighs. "I knew you were going to say that." He replies going to the fridge. "So, I got you a salad."

"Which one?" I ask worrying over the calories on the dressing.

"Caesar." Nate says pulling me close to him. "Just try eating at least half of it." He whispers kissing my head.

Chris glares at him when he is not looking at puts the salad bowl in front of me. "Try eating it all." He says grabbing his food again.

I hear Olivia giggling and turn to look at her annoyed. "What?" I ask staring at her.

"Is he your boyfriend." She whispers looking at Nate.

I see him blushing in embarrassment and I smile, holding in a laugh. "I don't know." I whisper back. "Are you my boyfriend?" I ask him smiling and he pushes me lightly.

"I guess." He says looking at my sister.

"He's cute." She whispers on my ear, but everyone heard her.

I laugh and look back at him, still red over it, but my smile went away when I saw Christopher's face. I grab the fork and try the food, slowly chewing it and avoiding his glare.

"Do you have a girlfriend Chris?" She asks, and I almost choke on my food.

I look up at him and he's staring at her, with a smile. "No." He whispers drinking his soda.

"Why?" She asks confused. "Do you like someone?" She asks exited.

I avoid his face or Nate's and continue eating my salad, slowly and quietly, glad that at least they weren't looking at me while I ate.

"I do." He says sad. "But she's unavailable." He whispers disappointed.

"Then like someone else!" She laughs taking a bite from her food.

He laughs, and so does Nate, but I don't, I only smile. "If it only was that simple." He says with a small smile.

I look up and he stares at me, making me feel guilty, but quickly looks away.

"You like the salad?" Nate asks smiling at me, proud of me eating.

"Yes." I reply, putting a slice of chicken in my mouth. "It's delicious." I whisper look down, not feeling like crying over it today.