e l e v e n

When I opened my eyes, I was glad to hear nothing. It was all quiet, but I was scared she was still here, so I didn't go out of my room.

Two hours later I remember I have a sister, which made me feel awful that I forgot about her, especially when mom is not home, but when I got to her room she wasn't even there. So being the responsible sister that I am, I began having a mental breakdown.

"Olivia!" I shout running down the stairs. "Liv!" I scream entering the kitchen.

The only people inside the kitchen were Mariana and Leia, two maids, cleaning and putting away some groceries.

"Have any of you seen my little sister?" I ask staring at them in despair.

"We just got home from the store." Says Leia.

"We haven't seen her." Adds Mariana.

I turn around and run up the stairs, feeling a little lightheaded when I get to the top. The fear I had of some girl being in my house went away and I opened Christopher's door just to see an empty room. Where is everyone in this house!

I call his phone, but he didn't answer, so being the weakling, I am, I began to cry. I wasn't siting in Christopher's bed after what happened last night, so I took a seat on the chair in front of his desk and continued crying until I fell asleep.

"Katherine?" I hear some say in the distant, but it took me a few more seconds to open my eyes. "Katherine!" I hear again and quickly jump.

"Where the fuck where you?" I scream exasperated.

"What's wrong?" He asks concerned.

"What's wrong?" I ask sarcastically laughing. "My sister missing!" I shout kicking him. "Why do you even have a phone if you're not going to answer it? She's eight years old, alone God knows where!"

He laughs, and I start to cry again. "It's not funny."

"Fuck, don't cry!" He says pushing me. "She's fine." He says again, and I know he's trying not to laugh.

"Where is she?" I ask feeling relieved.

"She's at a friends house, they are having a sleepover." He replies taking a sit on his bed. "I will pick her up on Sunday, relax."

I stare at him angry. "Why didn't you tell me!" I shout again angry.

"It's not my fault you never leave your room!" He shouts back. "We talk about stuff at dinner, you know, that thing where people sit together as a family and eat at night." He says angry.

I stare at him, not knowing what to say, he was right.

"I know you hate me, and probably my father too, but the least you could do is eat with us." He says hurt. "Olivia always tells us about her day at dinner, and she told us on Thursday about the sleepover. I know you hate us but at least try to tolerate us, for your sister."

He grabs my arm and pushes me out of his room. I've never seen him this angry at me. But the truth is that he was right, and I hated him for it.

"By the way, party starts at nine." And with that he closes the door in my face.

I enter my room and cried some more for a while. I'm an awful human being. Liv probably feels alone and unwelcome too at this place, but I'm so caught up in my world I don't even pay that much attention to her.

To think that in a few hours this house is getting full of people made me feel worse. All I want to do is be alone, in silence.

I get a notification on my phone, and I see a DM from Nate on Instagram. I never gave him phone number, so he must've searched me.

Hope to see you tonight. It read, and I sigh, not wanting to see him.

Sadly, nine came by fast and by ten pm the house was filled with people. I wore a black dress and went downstairs. It was extremely tight, and I was happy I hadn't consumed anything throughout the whole day, so my stomach looked flat, and not bloated at all.

I was hungry, but lately it didn't bother or hurt that much, truth be told I was getting used to being hungry now. The dress was mid-thigh and I wore some sandals because I wasn't going to wear some heels at my own house, and I don't even own that many pairs.

I entered the kitchen and for my luck Nathaniel was there, smiling. He's everywhere, literally.

"You look beautiful." He says kissing me on the cheek and I smile, trying to look happy to see him.

"You too." I reply being nice.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asks pointing at tons of bottles of alcohol but I didn't know which was which, so I went with the only thing I knew.

"Just a beer." I reply grabbing a red cup from the counter.

He made himself some drink, combining some alcohol with juice and we went to backyard, which was full too. There where people inside the pool in their underwear and I frown. It must suck being wet the rest of the night.

We went to a table filled with snacks and Nate ate some, but I denied the offer not wanting get bloated over it and have a huge belly the rest of the night. I don't even know how many calories this beer had.

"You have a nice house." He says getting closer to me.

"Is not mine." I shout over the music and he laughs.

I see Christopher coming towards us and I curse mentally. He and all his squad was coming our way.

"You made it dude." He says shaking Nate's hand, and so did the rest of them.

A few of their friends were staring at me and I felt extremely uncomfortable, but I pretended like I didn't notice.

"I live in front of you." He says loudly. "No way in hell I'm missing this."

They continued talking and I pretended like I cared, but I was truly staring at Melanie and her posse. How I hated that they were at my home, even though it wasn't really my home.

They came our way and I sigh hating this party already.

"Hi Christopher." She says kissing him on the cheek and proceeding to that with all of them.

I walked away not even waiting for her to greet me. If I was making it through this night, I need to get drunk, really drunk.