Chapter six

I told agent Castellen all I know about my fathers kidnapping. Which wasn't a lot. In return he agreed to tell me all he knew. "This is a video of an earlier interegation. He showed up rattled yesterday night claiming he was kidnapped." I look at the blank screen waiting for it to come to life. "He's not still here though?" I Ask. He shakes his head and I turn my attention back to the lit up screen. Suddenly my father and a woman dressed in police clothing appear on screen sitting across from each other. The woman is taking notes. 

"I'm telling you." My father pleads. "There was a beast! He came from nowhere. He had fur and claws!" The woman nods sullenly and jots something down. "And how did you happen upon this... beast?" My father cracks his nuckles. It's an ugly sound and I haven't ever liked his habit of doing it but I won't tell him to stop. It's his choice anyway. Not mine to make. "There was a man, he had a black cloak I couldn't see his face. He said I would find the most beautiful rose there, one like never seen before." My father cradles his head in his hands.

"I went to get the rose for my daughter, Belle." I am taken aback. He would do that for me? "No one else saw the mansion." He continues. "But I did. I went in and tried to take the rose, but the beast got to it first." The woman nods and takes more notes. Suddenly agent Castellen lowers the volume and looks at me. "That's all we know. I'm sorry." I nod and get up to leave. "Thank yo- wait." I interrupt myself mid thanks. "Did he ever say where the mansion was?" Agent Castellen shakes his head. "I'm sorry but he didn't mention it. We were going to talk to him again but he disipeared." 

I nod, thank him again and walk out the door. I'm about to leave the police station when I hear a voice. "Girl! Belle wasn't it?" I turn. The girl from the front desk beckons me over. "Branden, your father. He said something." Really?" I Ask. She nods and lowers his voice. "He said the beast was at the edge of town where no one goes. Said the beasts mansion was never seen but always there." I gasp. Of course! "Thank you!" I cry and rush back to the car. I have somewhere to be. I am going to see my father again.