Chapter fifteen

The two books rest on my bookcase but it hurts to look at them. I stare out the window from the bed and wonder how my family is doing. Lucian said time looks differently here, I wonder how long it's been for them. A day here, who knows how long there. I've cried myself out, besides I don't want to cry anymore. I can't imagine the pang of los in my chest ever going away, ever even numbing. I don't really ever want it to, i don't want to forget my family enough to forget how much I miss them. I push my hair back with one hand in one sweep over the top of my head. I take a deal breath letting the cold air enter my lungs. 

Voices sound from outside my door. "Uhh, Girl?" The beasts rough voice asks. I don't answer. I am angry. He stole me from my home and my family, and I have every right to be. More whispers then. "Belle?" My name catches my attention. "Yes?" I whisper loudly enough to be heard. "Will you- would you- join me for dinner?" His voice Asks. This makes me more angry though I wish I wasn't. "No." I say my voice shaking. For a moment there is no reply then his voice returns angry. "You will join me for dinner!" I shake my head at myself. "No i won't!" He growls and I hear a slam against the door then both his fists apear on my side punching straight through the wood. He glares in at me. "Why not?" The broom appears on the other side of the door. "Because you took everything from her! She has every right to be upset with you!" 

He grunts and pushes her away harshly. "Dinner is at seven, you will be there or you will not eat at all!" He shouts, then he disipears from sight and I curl up into a ball. I do not want to be here. "Belle?" Comes a softer voice from outside. I sniff. "Yes?" The broom pushes through the door which swings open easily because of the damage the beast caused. "I'm sorry, he can be... rough sometimes." I nod. It's good of her to try to cheer me up. The broom comes up beside me. "I'd sit if I could but." I nod. I understand she cannot. "How are you...in the mirror anyway?" I Ask. She smiles softly. "I used to be human, like you. A worker for the beast." My eyes go wide. "Really?" She nods. "Yes." I shake my head. "What happened?" Her eyes go sad.

"There was a curse. Now we are forever trapped here as servants to the household." I frown. "A curse? Why? Is there any way to break it?" She shakes her head. "I cannot say." The answer doesn't satisfy me but i nod anyway. "He's not so bad you know, the beast." She says after a moment. I make a face. "Well..." she laughs bringing a smile to my face. "He isn't really, he's been trapped here just as long as any of us, it's a hard fate to accept." I nod. "How come the beast is here? Did he live here to?" She nods. "He did, But he has always been a beast." I look down. When I look back I gasp. For a moment rather then seeing a broom and a mirror I saw a young woman, with blonde hair in waves and a navy dress. It was still her face though, delicate and gentle. Then it disipearsand it's just her fave in the mirror once more.