Chapter ten

As Lucian finishes his sentence several more objects March in as well. A clock, a broom and several more. One mirror cries out. "Yay my bodies here!" And several others laugh. The clock hops up to the mirror and I. On a small board on top of the clock glowing words appear. "Show her around." I read aloud. "Yes Elian but that will be quite hard without my head!" Cries Lucian. "How come He doesn't  just talk through his... mirror?" I Ask. "Oh, Elian? His mirror broke." Says Lucian. The words on Elian's board change. Now they read 'you broke it!' Lucian laughs. "Ah yes, I did do that didn't I? Good times." 

The lamp slaps the clock on what I suppose would be his back. "Now lets give you a tour now shall we? I apologize but I won't be able to talk to you anymore without my mirror." I smile slightly. "Actually I have an idea. What if we attach the mirror to the lamp?" The lamp hits itself in- i guess it's face- the shade. "Why didn't I think of that?" He cries. 'Be quiet!' Elian writes. Lucian ignores him. 'The Beast will hear you!' Elian writes. 

"The beast?" I question. "Yes the beast, he's the one who has locked you here. Surely you havent forgotten him?" Lucian Asks. "No i haven't, Why is he here?" I Ask suddenly curious. The lamp pats my leg softly and I look down. "You will learn with time." This answer doesn't please me but it's all I'm going to get. "Alright snap to it! Let's go on that tour then!" He cries earning more angry words from Elian. "No i- I don't want to go on a tour today." I say looking down. "Why ever not?" Whines Lucian. 

"Because the poor girl has just lost everything!" A face says a couple mirrors down. She has long lashes and full lips. A broom comes over, probably the faces body. "Well yes but-" Lucian interrupts. "No, the girl has lost her freedom, her father, any other family she had." The woman interupts. Tears form in my eyes all over again. "Well yeah but I bet she's over it-" over it!" The woman cries. "Are you over it? Of course she's not over it! Oh now look, you've made her cry!" Lucians face turns toward me again as tears stream freely down my cheeks. 

His expression becomes worried. "What do I do when a lady cries?" He asks. The woman scoffs. "Well you don't tell her to get over it that's for sure!" The lamp theoughs it's arms-wires?- up. "Well what do I do?" The woman's expression softened. "You could show her her family." I look up. "You can show me my family?" His gaze snaps back to me as if he hadn't remembered I am here. For once he is speechless. "Can I see my family?" I ask again  Desperently. He looks at the woman than at me. Finally he sighs. "Oh all right. Just imagine them as you remember them." He sighs. Suddenly his face disipears. I close my eyes and remember. The happy wrinkles at the corner of my fathers eyes, the thin set of Christine's mouth. I remember the smile my father gave me and the kindness in his gaze. I open my eyes and watch as white mist dogs inside the mirror. As it disipates a scene comes into view. 

I can't hear them but I see them. My father laying in bed staring at the ceiling. My sister comes in and hands him a steaming cup of something. Coffee maybe, or tea. He takes it gratefully and pulls himself up saying something to her. He takes a sip and she hugs him. He smiles but I see the sadness behind it. The mirror fogs up again and my family is gone. A sob catches in my throat. I swallow it down painfully. After a minute I get ahold of myself and ask. "It's barely been an hour how is he home already?" 'Time works different here.' Writes Elian. "It works different?" I Ask. "Yes, here time is always changing. An hour could be equal to a day outside the barrier or it could last a second. We don't know what determines the time." Says the woman. So if I ever escape, it could be to late. I realize. 

Elian