Chapter fourteen

Later Lucian offers to take me on a a tour and this time I accept. He shows me the kitchen and living room. "This malady is the dining room." He gestured to the room. "You May eat here if you'd like, rather than having meals sent to you as you had this morning." I nod. The table is massive but there is only one chair. He shows me the several bathrooms and explains the four floors of the house and their many rooms. Finally to my joy he takes me to the one room that interests me above all others. "This is the library. It's rarely used, but you may come here when ever you like." The library is on the third floor, I assume hell show the the fourth floor next. 

The library is massive, I can't even see from one end of the room to the other because if all the shelves lined with books. A ladder leans against a shelf to my left, in order to reach all the books the ladder would be necessary. I put both hands over my mouth in awe. "It's grand!" I say. Lucian smiles through his mirror and sweeps his wire hand toward the far end of the room, inviting me to explore. I walk slowly up to a book shelf. Trailing my fingers gently along the spines I walk along the shelves. Then a book catches my eye. It has a pink spine with golden swirls. I know this book. I pull it from the shelf carefully as possible. Once in my hands I notice that the book is one of the only things in the mansion that isn't spotless. I'm grateful for it. I blow the dust off the book lightly. Dust gathers in a cloud and drifts to the ground. 

I finger the book gently. Tears gather in my eyes again, I miss my family and my copy of this book back home. The title is in golden swirly letters, it says 'book of fairytales'. The fairytales are the originals,I mostly like the princess ones. My other favorite book is here to, it has a sparkly blue cover and I pull it out also blowing the dust off it. In block letters it says, 'the modern book of fairytales'. I hold the two books in both hands and weep. I miss my father even my sister. I miss my family and my home and my life. The library is magnificent but I miss my home. The books go blurry in my vision and I sink to the ground clutching the books to my chest.  Want to curl up in a ball and sob, but I pull myself together. I wipe the tears from my eyes and try to steady my breathing. 

When I can speak again I turn to Lucian who looks absolutely horrified, which is kind of amusing, the way he gets when I cry. "I'm sorry, I just miss my life is all." I sniffle. He nods slowely and after a while responds. "You can take whatever books you like to your room." I nod and stand up. "Thank you, i think I'll just go to the room now." He nods. I don't think of the room as mine, it's hard to imagine I ever will. I begin to walk out the door when he interrupts me. "Oh! And don't go to the fourth floor." I turn. "Why not?" He shakes his mirror head. "It is forbidden, and..." He seems embarrassed. "I'm sorry but I don't know your name." I force a small smile. "It's Belle." And I turn and leave the room.