Chapter twenty two

He stirs, then turns and falls back asleep. That's how it's been for the pats hour, out of blood loss, I can't say. I was tempted to go get a book on health from the library but i couldn't leave him. It's a strange tug, in my chest toward him. As if my heart were physically aching and pulling me toward him. Frowning I press my thumb to my sternum to ease the sensation. He looks more peaceful as he sleeps, less like, Well a beast. Not a man, he acts like one sure but I'm not even sure what his species is. Anyways he does not look like a beast, well, minus all the fur and the protruding teeth like tusks. 

I sit where I've been sitting for the last hour in a small unreasonable comfortable chair by his bed. I'm not even sure I should call it a chair. Is there a fancy word for chair? I'm sure sofa doesn't suffice. It's the comfiest thing I've ever sat on. The cushions envelope you but not the Point of claustrophobia, soft and spongy. I can't feel the hard survpface beneath them. My back aches fromnit moving but what can i do? I don't want to walk around the room for fear of waking him. But I can't leave him. So I sit here letting the time drift by like soft waves, reaching out and feeling, and letting go. 

A soft grunt plunges me back into reality. Out of my dream state and back into the cushy and unreasonably fancy room where a beast lays asleep. The beast- Damian- stirs groaning softly. His back is turned to me and in not sure whether or not his eyes have opened. Is he still asleep? As if in response to my question he turns, then looks at me through hazy confused eyes. Then reality seems to seep in and his eyes go dark. He sits up and I stay seated where I am in my no longer so comfortable chair awkwardly. 

"B-belle?" I nod hesitantly. He rubs his face in such a careless and normal way it's hard to imagine him-being what he is-doing such a thing until he does it. Glances down at his bare fur covered chest. The back up at me. My cheeks flame. "You- you woke up about an hour ago so o got you out of the bloody clothes. I didn't take off, you know." I stare at my hands which have become suddenly very interesting. All I get is a grunt in response, so after a minute I look back up curiously. 

Damian slips off the bed in his underwear stretching. His muscles ripple visibly even beneath all that fur. I look back down blushing furiously. "I-I'm not sure you should be getting up so soon I-" he ignores me and lumbers into the bathroom pulling a robe over himself. How does he even have a robe in his size? The door closes behind him. I sit there ups I stay here or...? I hear the water, a shower, running as if to answer my question. Quietly I stand and slip out of the room leaving it as it was. Even the bloodstained sheets. Maybe I should alert one of the staff...? It is their job to take care of him anyway.

Slipping out of the closet I walk roughly back to the room I now call my bedroom. Flopping on the bed in a very normal teenager-ish way I stare at the ceiling. Stunned. He should be okay, I reassure myself. But why do I all of a sudden care so much? Was it just because he saved me or was it something more? Exaughstion washes over me but I can't sleep. So I just lay there on the bed layer out for me with my slightly blood soaked outfit and a jumble of thoughts all racing to be heard in my brain.