Chapter 4 - I Hate You

Priscilla Cason

Brandon Lemiere is a definition of an asshole. Instead of having Brandon as his name, why not have Asshole or Jerk or Shithead as his name? Ugh!

Yesterday when Nicholas Lemiere interviewed me, he knew that me and the Gold Kids used to be in the same highschool. He hoped that I work professionally. He's really nice not like 3rd son who is an asshole.

I ran in my highheels to McDonalds after buying the freaking steak. I have 20 minutes left. I ran to McDonald and my eyes widen when I saw the line. Oh shoot. I ran to the front and found a guy right in fromt of the cashier.

"Hey.. Can you help me?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

"Help? What help?" He asked in a really cold tone.

"I'll give you 20 bucks to buy 2 french fries." I said and he laughed dryly.

"Go to the back of the line." He gestured and I run my hands through my hair.

"Please.. I beg you.. I'm currently working and if I don't get my boss's meal in time. He will fired me." I begged and he ignored me.

"Please.."

"No." He said coldly.

"I'll help you." I turned my body to see an old lady in her 50s. She ordered it for me and I thanked her again and again. She knew how I fely because she was a secretary too.

"Next time.. Come early." The guy from earlier said and I turned to him glaring.

"Idiot." I hissed.

"I heard that."

"I don't fucking care."

"You were begging earlier but now you're cursing on me."

"You didn't help me." I hissed and the lady gave me my fries. I walked pass the guy and ran out from the store. I turned to my watch and I still have 7 minutes. I ran my ass off.. and in high heels. Let me repeat.. in high heels. I really really want to kill Brandon right now.

I ran inside the building and tapped the lift button a few times hoping it would come faster. As soon as the lift doors open, I got in and pressed my office floor. I took a deep breath and wiped my sweat ignoring if my make up smudge.

I ran to Brandon's office

"You're 4 minutes late." He said and I walked to him. I put everything in front of him still panting.

"Do you need anything else, Mr. Lemiere?" I asked.

"Have you eat?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Lies." He said and I just walked back a little. I turned my body and walked towards the door.

"Eat with me." He said.

"No thankyou, I have work." I rejected his offer and walked out from the room. I walked towards my office and started to read my medical book again. I ate my string cheese as I read it. String cheese is yummy, don't judge me!

"You're coming with me." I jumped and automaticly stand up.

"Where sir?"

"Don't call me that." Brandon hissed.

"Where to sir?" I asked ignoring his statement. He's my boss, even though we're on the same age and were friends.. no not friends.. but I don't want to call him his name at work. It's not professional.

"Meeting.. Let me get this straight.. You're stuck with me as long as you have this secretary title. You and I stuck together so everywhere I go.. You will go."

"But you're not only working here. You have other secretary."

"Anything related to T I L E, you have to stick with me. Understand?"

"Yes sir."

"Now.. let's go for a meeting." He said and I nodded. I took my bag and threw away my string cheese. I followed him out from the room. We walked into the lift together and again none of us talk.

"How do you manage to go to medical school when you stopped highschool?" Brandon suddenly asked.

"I worked hard and studied hard. I got in after a year and skipped school." I answered.

"Why do you want to be a doctor?"

"I want to save people and help them." I said and he nodded. We walked out from the lift and we walked towards his car.

"Get in." He said and I got in.

"Tomorrow, I won't go to work."

"Okay."

"Not even curious why?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"Why should I be curious? It's your life. Why should I care?"

"Well.. That's the first." He said and I ignored him. We both stay silent all the time besides I don't want to talk to him. I'm tired and all I want now is to sleep or to study.

"You need to pay me for that food earlier." I said and he suddenly hand me a credit card.

"What is it?"

"I forgot to give you that.. It's the company's credit card. You can use that to buy something that I use you to. I will pay you later on when we get back to the office."

"Okay." I said as I looked at the gold credit card.

"So every employee got this?" I asked.

"No.. only you." My eyes widen and I turned to him.

"You're not afraid if I runaway and use this to buy everything that I like?" I asked.

"Actually I'm nervous about that so don't even think about buying expensice rings or things like that!" He warned and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't give me this then." I said as I hand him back.

"Take it.. You can use it if there's an emergency." He answered.

"Okay."

"Good and you don't have to come for the dinner tonight."

"Great!"

"It's not a date.. wait.. why would I tell you that?" He blabbered.

"Idiot." I mumbled.

"I heard that."

"I was talking about the guy earlier." I pointed at the back.

"Liar."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Lemiere."

"Don't call me that!"

"Then what should I call you as? My king? My lord?"

"I hate you." He hissed and that made me smirk.