Chapter 9 - Trust Me

Priscilla Cason

"I want you to call Mr. Brome to re-schedule the meeting. I'm not in the mood."

"Yes, Mr. Lemiere." I said and wrote it on my note so I will remember to call him later.

"Cancel all the meetings from today until next week, I'm not in the mood." That made me look up to him. He looked like a wreck and that made me a little curious.

"Are you okay?" That came out from my mouth naturally.

"I met Lisa."

"And then?"

"She looked happy.. I guess." He said in a sad tone. I found out that he and Lisa were in a relationship when I got out from school. They were the 'it' couple. He loves Lisa and he was going to marry her at some point but she left him for a guy who is not good looking or not as rich as Brandon.

Sometimes I'm not blaming someone for leaving the relationship because I bet they have reasons for it. Just because Brandon is handsome and rich and the son of the Lemiere.. all girls will fall on their knees for him. She must have reasons for it.

"Have you ever.. ask her why? Why she left you?" I asked and he looked at me coldly.

"The guy that Lisa married is not as good looking as you.. not as rich as you.. they live in a small house.. he doesn't have a lot of cars like you.. but that guy has something that you don't have, Brandon." I said and he scowled.

"And what the hell is that?" He asked in a cold tone.

"Ask her."

"So expert.. Have you ever been in a relationship?" He asked in an arrogant tone.

"Yeah and failed all the time for it." I answered.

"Then don't give me a lecture for it." He hissed coldly and I sighed.

"Your ego, Brandon. Just by looking at you like this.. as a woman.. I won't marry you either. Damn I won't even date you."

"Yeah, because I'm not Christian Hastington." He hissed and that made me piss again.

"Do you know why I like Christian?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to know."

"He's mature even though he has a childish and evil side. I know sometimes he thinks shortly and regret the things that he do in the end but.. he will fix it. He's-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"Did you try to fix your relationship with Lisa after you guys broke up?"

"I was waiting for her to comeback to me again." He's so stupid.

"Do you think she will crawl back to you? I know Lisa's character.. She needs someone that she can lean on not some jackass like you." I said and he smacked the table so hard.

"You don't know me!" He bursted angrily.

"You both need someone to lean on and in a relationship everything is like a puzzle. You can't have the same puzzle if you want to put it together." I said and he sighed. He ran his hands through his hair.

"I still love her.."

"If you love her then let her be happy. She's happy now and you can't do anything because they're married. Find a new love."

"Easy for you to say.. Falling in love is not easy."

"That's the easiest thing for me." I said and he looked up to me looking at me weirdly.

"Love Spell.. My aunt told me that I have that because when I fall in love.. I'm completely act like I'm under a spell. Act stupid.. smiling idiotly and just.. want to see the guy everysecond. Fall in love for me is the easiest thing but unlucky me.. I never get the right guy." I laughed dryly at myself.

"2 idiots talking about love.. We both are unlucky for love." He said dryly and sighed.

"We'll meet someone.. Move on Brandon, there are tons of girls out there."

"Yeah but.. I have one problem." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What is it?"

"I told her that we're getting married." My eyes widen and I looked at him disbelief.

"Are you crazy?"

"I was crazy.. I know.. I'm sorry and she's invited us to celebrate her son's 1st birthday." He said and I scoffed big time.

"What an asshole!"

"I told you I don't want to be involve in this! I told you th-"

"We won't fall in love with each other, I promise."

"I'm preventing my heart from getting hurt, Brandon!"

"You won't fall in love with me, I'm an asshole and you know it."

"I will fall in love with you! I know my heart so well!" I bursted angrily and his eyes widen.

"Falling in love with you will be the last thing on my list, Brandon. I don't want it because I know the risk that I'm taking if I help you."

"Then fall in love with me." He said and my eyes widen.

"What?" My breath got hitch

"Fall in love with me and help me fall in love with you." He said in a serious tone.

"Love is not a joke, Brandon!"

"Aren't you starting to fall in love with Raphael?" He asked in this awkward situation.

"No."

"Then fall in love with him and help me."

"Do you think I can decide things for my heart?" I asked coldly to him and looked at him glaring. He shut his mouth and sighed.

"See! You can't even answer.. Next time think before you say something."

"Help me."

"No." I said as I got up from my seat.

"I beg you.. only this once."

"No.. I bet I will get attach to you after that."

"I don't mind." He said.

"Trust me.. You won't want to be with me." I said seriously and leave the room.