Chapter 22 - Try

Priscilla Cason

I was speechless when I got off from the plane. This place is so beautiful.. The view is just so so breathtaking.

"Where is this?"

"Welcome to Lemiere's private island." He said and my eyes widen. Private island? I swear.. this man is damn rich. There's a limo waiting for us already and he gestured me to follow him.

I followed him and we got into the limo. I looked around completely fascinated by the view. I can't believe this because this is the most beautiful place that I've been in my entire life.

"We're staying here for 7 days."

"I don't bring my clothes because you fre-"

"You don't need to worry about that, I've got everything under control.. all you need to do is to.. enjoy this holiday with me." He said like there's ntohing happen back in New York.

"Lemiere has a problem and you're here holidaying?" I asked him disbelief.

"It's because you're damn stubborn besides I know they will take care of it." He said and I scoffed.

"You have a problem with your confidence.. it's damn weird."

"What confidence? Like the confidence that you like me already?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't like you and will never ever like y-" He suddenly leaned to my face making my eyes popped up. My breath got hitch for seeing him this close.

"Don't like me? Explain me why is your face so red right now? Explain me why you have weird breathing pattern?" I pushed him away and looked out to the window.

"Because I was starled.. that's all.. you idiot!" I bursted at him and he chuckled.

"Whatever you say.. Priscilla." He said and I ignored him. I looked out to the window admiring the view. It's so beautiful out there and the beach.. the villa and.. everything. The car stopped in front of a small villa and Brandon got out from the car. I followed him right away, he walked in and suddenly he turned his body to me making me jump a little bit.

"There's only one room available.. You and I are going to share the bed." He smiled and I shook my head.

"No way!"

"What's with that tone and that expression?" He asked.

"I bet you have a lot of rooms available here! I don't want to be in the same room as you!" I hissed and he shooked his head.

"This is our new private island, Priscilla. Everything is still under construction.. even my family never been here. It's my first time too.. with you. Feel special?" He smirked big time and I glared at him.

"I do feel special so I'll sleep outside the bedroom."

"Why? You're scared?"

"Yeah I am.. You know why so.. you sleep inside and I don't mind sleeping at the living room." I said as I looked around. I heard him sighing and I turned to him. He looked annoy and walked out from the small villa. I sat down on the sofa and I sighed too.

I remembered when he kissed me earlier. All I wanted to do that second was to kiss him back but.. I just can't. I know all of my past was just past but I can't just forget it and move on completely. A guy like Brandon doesn't deserve a girl like me because I was touched by a lot of men. He won't be my first to have me or to touch me.. it's not fair for him.

I will be lying if I say I don't like Brandon. Brandon is a really nice guy, sweet.. even though he's a little bit childish and short thinking kinda guy.

"You know.. can you at least give me a chance?" I turned my head. He looked at me seriously and I was going to say something but he sat right across me.

"You love Lisa.. Why suddenly you have this interest in me?" I asked coldly as I glared at him.

"I don't know but all I know that it's not a pity kinda feel."

"You know that I was a-"

"I know your personality, Priscilla." He cut me.

"Personality? You just never see my dark side."

"STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME HATE YOU!" He bursted making my eyes widen.

"Can you at least give me a chance?"

"I know you, Brandon. I already know the end of this so can you just give up?"

"Tell me.. What's the end of this?" He asked and I gulped.

"I will fall in love with you crazily." I answered without looking at him.

"Good." He said as he got up from his car. I looked up to him..

"Good? That's bad! You don't know-"

"Can you stop saying that? Have confidence becauce you're beautiful, you're precious, you're smart, you're kind, you're kind and you're just like everyone else!" He bursted angrily, "everyone has their own flaws so stop blaming yourself for everything because it's not your fault!"

"It was my choice! I had a choice!" I bursted too.

"You did that to save your mom. Whatever it takes you will do anything to have her alive but God decided to take her back. It's not your fault.."

"Brandon.. I think you have the wrong girl. I'm nowhere near Lisa."

"No one's perfect. Not you.. not me.. but we deserve to be happy. We are all human.. we make stupid decisions and stupid mistakes but that's life. Stop blamming yourself because I saw it with own eyes that you're a really wonderful woman." He said in a calming tone.

He was right..

"There's a tons of girls out there.. queueing to be with you.. and here you are trying to be with me. Are you insane?"

"I'm not a type of guy who date just for fun. I'm talking about lifetime not just a short period of time." Oh my god.

"If you be with me.. People will mock you and-"

"What do they know? They're just people who only loves to judge people.. they don't know you.. they only know your name.."

"Brandon.. You don't understand." I sighed.

"Can you just give me a chance?" He said again and he looked at me seriously.

Should I just give it a try?

"Okay fine."